• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hunting gear that is made in the USA

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I went around to some sporting goods stores to try and find a new pack for next year, and I couldn't find a single one that wasn't made in China.

I did some Google searching, and found Black's Creek, but I am still having a really hard time paying $350 for a hunting pack.

My next move is to head down to the Army/Navy surplus store and look and see what they have, but I thought I'd see what everyone on here knows about it too.

J
Made in USA pack....

FWIW, I bought a Black's Creek pack this season, as I am continuously looking for something better. (Last pack I bought, was an Eberlestock) The Black's Creek is an awesome pack, worth every penny, and every stitch made in the good ole USA!! If you can swing the cost, you won't be disappointed.

Just my .02
Jbo

P.S. I got the Remedy pack, with all the goodies at an outdoor show for 425.00....

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
and they are good packs too. Unfortunately the are supporters of eliminating snowmobiles from public lands.

Yeah not giving any money to those people.

so far it looks like that Boyt harness stuff is the best bang for the buck as far as what I'm looking for, but I dont know if that boone and crockett club thing is wilderness freak stuff or not.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Yeah not giving any money to those people.

so far it looks like that Boyt harness stuff is the best bang for the buck as far as what I'm looking for, but I dont know if that boone and crockett club thing is wilderness freak stuff or not.
That's the trouble with being an avid hunter and sledder. For hunting, I want roads to be closed and areas to be shut down kt motor vehicles. But when hunting season ends, I despise wilderness and restricted areas. It's kind of a catch 22. And most hardcore hunting companies I use push roadless stuff. Randy newberg of on your own adventures tv show is a good example. Great for the hunting crowd, which is me, but not so much for the sledders, atv and dirtbikers, which is also me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That's the trouble with being an avid hunter and sledder. For hunting, I want roads to be closed and areas to be shut down kt motor vehicles. But when hunting season ends, I despise wilderness and restricted areas. It's kind of a catch 22. And most hardcore hunting companies I use push roadless stuff. Randy newberg of on your own adventures tv show is a good example. Great for the hunting crowd, which is me, but not so much for the sledders, atv and dirtbikers, which is also me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good example of why we need to be aware of other users & stay the hell away from hunters, loggers etc

It does nobody any good to puff our chests out & say F__k 'em.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
A good example of why we need to be aware of other users & stay the hell away from hunters, loggers etc

It does nobody any good to puff our chests out & say F__k 'em.

Unless you like to do both. I am with Carl, fewer roads and more wilderness equals better hunting, but sucks for sledding. It is a pretty complex issue, especially in the mtn west...

Oh yeah, and x2 on the Mystery Ranch packs. Not only are they made right here in Bozo, but they listen to what people want and are big time supporters of our Military. I have the longbow pack, it is awesome. Just small enough to carry on everyday stuff, but you can load it up smartly and do some 2-3 day backpacking stints on it as well. Plus they are easy to modify and put accessories on.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
if money is no object the kifaru or mystery ranch both will last a lifetime & hand made to order & both military supporters.i have a kifaru thats 10 + years old.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features