• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to make camso suspension better?

R
Oct 20, 2020
I just reread your post. 154 is a short track sled where I live. That being said, i loved my 154!
We don't have extreme deep powder all the time, mostly it's between 1-2 ft, but this can be 4-5ft depending on the time of year and weather systems. Not uncommon to disappear in power once you step off, especially in the trees. I live in Newfoundland, the West Coast of this Island in the Appalachians, we get on average about 16feet of fluff. Not high mountain level powder but also not too far off. Most average riders go with a 154 locally, I prefer a 146 with 3" paddles for my playtoy and it does the job nicely, a little shorter to maneuver in the meadows and trees.

IMG_0527.jpg

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Nice. To revise, I have a lot of sleds crisscrossing my Snow Bike area. That creates a base on a lot of the main routes that my 120 is super fun on. If I had to ride the same area with zero bass and zero tracks in it the 120 might not be as fun. Doesn’t sound to me like you need a 137. That 129 aro is a good kit. All depends on price of course. Yeti 129 free ride would be awesome also but I don’t know enough about the 19s versus the newer models to really make that call.

M
Jan 14, 2004
As a general statement, try and buy the newest model of whatever brand and kit you settle on. None of them are getting worse over time. Don't beat yourself up about getting the perfect setup for your first kit and lets not forget why we are out there in the first place. To have fun. I can almost guarantee you will end up making changes after your first season, whether major or minor. Just get out there.

M5

R
Oct 20, 2020
Nice. To revise, I have a lot of sleds crisscrossing my Snow Bike area. That creates a base on a lot of the main routes that my 120 is super fun on. If I had to ride the same area with zero bass and zero tracks in it the 120 might not be as fun. Doesn’t sound to me like you need a 137. That 129 aro is a good kit. All depends on price of course. Yeti 129 free ride would be awesome also but I don’t know enough about the 19s versus the newer models to really make that call.

It will probably come down to the TS ARO 129 LE and Yeti 129 FR . The Yeti is used, and I don't have a dealer, the ARO is new but will be $2200 more, considering it has a 2 yr warranty and a local dealer, the price differential is not too bad. The Yeti 2019 is the same as 2020, the owner upgraded to include all the current mods necessary , specifically to address the poor brake system.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Fyi the 2020 freeride the tunnels have aluminum bracing making them more rigid and thinner 5.5 inch spaced rails making them more nimble feeling...

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

D
Nov 22, 2017
What part of it doesnt handle abuse well? Im looking for ways to make this kit better, its what I have and im not buying a new kit but I will try to improve this one if possible. Do you have any personal experience on what doesnt handle abuse well? Do you know if a shock instead of a solid rear strut make the kit handle better?
I rode a 18 DTS 129 for 2 full seasons and in all fairness I didn't have any problems with the suspension. I put it to the middle pre-load setting and I found it perfectly fine for whooped out trails and jumping. I mean I wasn't doing 50 foot dead drops but I was hitting some decent gappers. I could hang with all my buddies on their far more expensive kits, and no special effort or skilled rider. I did buy a 20 RIOT LE and I can say the Riot's suspension is better for sure, but only on par with the DTS in every other capacity. The DTS has good brakes (although needs a shield as they can ice up), great ski, excellent handling expecially in the trees . Overall I would take the camso any day over non ARO TS kit.

Premium Features