• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hill Climbing the T3

J
Jan 15, 2010
That's just the entrance to headquarters/hope crk. Lets see that thing climb something real... Climbing that hill 1st try was a big deal on a mountain max in 1999, not so much these days.

J
Jan 15, 2010
There are days you can double someone up there on a 600. That day was 2' of fresh and would have taken 5-6 hits to make it up on last year sleds.

Maybe last years MXZ 600... Not saying those sleds aren't impressive, just ribbing norona to put out a vid showing terrain where that thing is actually being pushed.

Hasn't taken 5 or 6 try's to punch that since the zx and mm days, 2+ feet or not.

N
Sep 16, 2012
Is this something that any current 800 with a 174x3 track couldn't do?;) Just don't see the big deal, of course a sled with that track is going to out climb a less lugged/shorter track. If you want to impress lets see it in some tight trees taking the same lines as a 150's tracked sled, and I'm talking where the 150's sled is turning as tight as it can. Just not gonna happen...

T
Sep 1, 2014
I have no problem following my buddy on his 156 cat in the tight trees there not as bad as people think in the trees people need to try one before they say they are to long for the trees.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
you said last spring that the 174 isn't for you and you would be sticking to the 163.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
you said last spring that the 174 isn't for you and you would be sticking to the 163.

Yes I like most am always scared of going bigger as I am not a hill climber, I am love deep pow and carving, last year I had a 154x and a 163 sp, I thought I would try the 163 and ride a few times but go back to my 154 and never ride the 163, after my first weekend on it, I did not want to go back and did not, did not ride my 154 until doing a video on it in the spring...

The same was last year with riding the pro to, i did not get to ride it in great snow while I had it so I thought I would stick to the 163 and 174 is overkill...did the same this year, have not put hardly any mile on the 163 T3 and don't want to...the 174 turns on a dime, is lighter than my previous 154 and 163.

The decision is always yours to make and which ever one you choose you will be happy with but I will always give my opinion and like any opinion it can change.
Ski-Doo sold equal amount of 163/174 t3's which is surprising but it is cool that more and more sledders are not just going of past experiences but thinking about the new technology and embracing it.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Who / What put in first tracks ??

I was first up that hill, Ray from Totally Awesome Adventures hit it on his 163 xm and made it a quarter of the way, so did dave treadway, you can see I started from a stop and go through some old tracks that were buried by avy debris, that slope comes down fairly often and deposits there and below...that is what i go through before dropping into the deeper snow. This is not some super gnarly climb, as we sled ski here all the time but that hill on a fresh day with deep snow would take a few pulls to get up. Often we go through the trees around the left side out of the camera and come down the gully to set a decent up track for tandeming...the t3 174 just easily cruised up that hill and we were all impressed by the sled!

Premium Features