• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High compression head with better cooling

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
Looking for some insight on who as the best head options for added power and better cooling. Stock motor and running only at 6000ft and above even if I have to run some race fuel

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah I have kinda been going back and for the between the slp and bmp one. Maybe it is a wast of money but if they bump power near 10hp I would think that would be noticeable on the hill

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
I see ssi is making a mountain head also does anyone have any first hand experience with any of the higher compression or higher elevation option

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Yeah I have kinda been going back and for the between the slp and bmp one. Maybe it is a wast of money but if they bump power near 10hp I would think that would be noticeable on the hill
I would put my money in the company that has been building Polaris aftermarket parts in the west, at high elevation, where they are constantly testing in the mountains, for over 30 years.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I put the SLP power dome head on my 2020 850 and it made a noticeable difference, Low to Mid range pull. I then put the Starting Line Y-pipe on and it gave it a bit more throttle response. I would do that combo all over again in a heartbeat, I highly recommend doing both.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Haha. Hear we go again. Check the Matryx section for a different point of view on the SLP head. And the twin pipes thread because the twins kits can come with that head

Premium Features