• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hifaxs on 02 summit

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
I have a 02 summit 800 zx with a 144" and need to put some hifaxes on it. so i was wondering if you had to take the whole track off or if you take all the tinchon off can you slide it to one side and pull the old one off.

Also does anyone know what the LOWEST profile of windsheld is for that same sled?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Loosen the track as loose as it will go. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the rear susp. It's alot easier and allows a guy to inspect the susp and grease out in the open.
Some sleds you can pull the hyfax through the track windows, just depends on the particular track and hyfax....I don't believe you can on that Doo.

V
Sep 22, 2008
Replaced my hyfax last year on a 2001 summit HM800,Takes about an hour ,have to raise back end of sled up off the ground, loosen track completely allowing track to slide over past the wheels,or at least one side at a time ,theres one screw on each hyfax on the front end up near the drivers,so roll track enuff to work through the square between the metal driver clip to remove screw than the hyfax will slide back with little or no effort,I used OEM replacements have to cut fit the lenghts they come long for up to 159'' inch track so cut the end opposite of hole for the screw ,install, retension the track and leter rip .

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
ok thank you i will probly just move the track over and do it that way.

and when i have the track loose is there anyway i can take out that middle boggy wheele in the back???

D
Oct 13, 2008
ok thank you i will probly just move the track over and do it that way.

and when i have the track loose is there anyway i can take out that middle boggy wheele in the back???

You can get a 2 wheel kit or you can make a spacer to take up the space of the deleted wheel.

B

BullHead

Dec 2, 2007
smithers bc canada
i'd get some hyperfax sliders they can handle more heat, so you dont need to run as many wheels or any wheels inside the suspension, but they cost a lot more

Dec 2, 2007
I dont now about the 144" track, but my 02 151 I just took the bolt out of the front of slides, and taped them to the rear, lined up a hole in the track and slide them out and back in, it is a snug fit but saves loosening the track just my .02$

Premium Features