• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HHHHHEEELLLPPPP!!

B
Nov 2, 2010
So i have a 99 mountain max 700 triple. It was running like a raped ape back at home but now that im in wyoming its running like ****. before we left for this trip i put on a 6 inch riser and pivot with longer cables. but as soon as i took it off the trailer it keeps bogging itself down when i try to pin it off the start, i really cant think of anything to look for on it anymore i've checked to make sure all the boots are on the air box and carbs and im almost positive the weights are correct for it, i was just wondering what to look for if anyone can help

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
did you recheck the throttle cable play? it could be the tors acting up
or un-plug the connectors and plug the end into each other to test

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
the tors is kicking in un plug the wires and plug then into each other by passing the tors. also how much free play do you have in the throttle? it should move about 1/16-1/8 of an inch. adjust the cable down at the carb rack right hand side!

B
Nov 2, 2010
No not yet now it bogs down when im in deeper snow at high idle. im going to try to switch out my spark plugs tomorrow hopefully it works a little better :face-icon-small-dis but i wasnt to worried about today because i got to take out my dads nytro for the day :face-icon-small-hap

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Must rejet, here in Wyoming we ride between 8,000-12,000 ft, so pretty much you need an oxygen mask for you and your sled. Do you have pipes if so what brand and I can give ya my specs since I have SLP's on my mtn max. What elevation is your mtn max set at?

B
Nov 2, 2010
Ya i came out from LeMars, Iowa.. i have the right weights and we went to get it re-jetted this morning, and it ran like a raped ape :face-icon-small-coo. of course thats all yamahas :tongue:

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
You mean Centennial! How was the snow up in the Snowies? I haven't been up in a month. Sucks being in college and broke at the same time!

Premium Features