• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with ford 6.4 dpf chip!

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
hey guys. my dad has an 08 f450 with dpr delete and the chip keeps burning out and then it goes back into regeneration mode. this is the 3rd time now and he wants a chip thats not gonna go out on us. any suggestions? it don;t matter if it adds power or not but we need a dpf chip that won;t burn out. Please help!

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Running with the regenerations turned off if you still have the DPF in place is gonna cause problems if I understand thats what your doing eventually you'll plug it up. I would look into spartan they seemed to be the most popular for programs with a DPF delete.

P

PIKER

Dec 4, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
Go with spartans setup, its the best tuner out for the 6.4, dpf or not.

x2....i have the spartan and it is the sh^t. 525 rwhp without any problems (yet, but that is what warranty is for).:)

thedieselgarage.com has tons of info on tuners and you can go to the spartan website to learn more.

In addition, Dirty Diesel Customs in Red Deer can help you out with the spartan tuner and more info

Piker

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
for those who didn;t understand. the truck does have the dpf delete. my dad was on the road so he stopped in calgary to get a tuner and he is currently trying out this live wire tuner i believe. is there any spartan dealers in southern alberta?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
pops is running an SCT livewire unit for the time being and it seems to work well. haven;t tried the race tune yet just the tow setup.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
They do have programs for leaving the DPF on, but I am not sure of there performance.

As far as mileage, I average just about 16 with the 275 tune. It drops to 15 with the 150 tune. That is an average over a tank of fuel. 34k now and it's pretty consistent from tank to tank.

Premium Features