• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help w/ Android problem--Sylvania Tablet

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
Hoping my fellow techie Snowesters might be able to help a poor broke snowmobiler with a problem I have with a Sylvania SYTABEX 7-2 Android tablet.

Sylvania SYTABEX 7-2 tablet, "Digital Gadgets" DG2.20 Android system

Having a problem with this tablet not being able to browse the internet. I can connect to wi-fi at home with excellent strength. I can view my e-mails and connect to You-tube and watch videos via the icon on the homescreen. Tablet will not connect to browser using the icon on homescreen. The google page will come up, but before you can begin to type in the search field it kicks out back to the homescreen.

I have Dolphin Browser downloaded from the SlideMe app store but it does the same thing. (The SlideMe is ver. 4.0 by the way, SlideMe e-mailed the update to 4.3 for my device, but I can't download it by copying the link in a browser).

I like the tablet, I got it for Christmas in 2011 and have been using it to access Snowest and E-bay wile on my lunch break at work. It started not connecting to our router at work last December, so I started searching for different fixes ("3-finger" restart, the reset button on back, and unlocking? it. I was also trying to figure out how to switch it to "airplane mode" like the device suggested to conserve battery power. It uses a lot of power in "cell standby" mode. I don't use it as a cellular device, never paid for having cell service on it. Turns out our wireless and outdated networking system at my work hasn't been functioning right since December.

I'm considering just finding a cheap used laptop instead of this tablet, but my wife's mom paid good money for it, and I would rather buy snomobile stuff instead :D with my money.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!!!

E
Jul 24, 2009
Holland, Mich.
I wish i could help you out man....i am an avid Android user, since the HTC Hero first came out. I currently use a Samsung galaxy Note 2 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. With out being able to physically hold your tablet, i probably can't help you. Have you tried doing a Master Reset? How about going into your app settings and clearing your browser cache? Settings> app manager>Browser>clear cache.

If you look into a cheap laptop for just browsing, email and things like that....check out a Google Chromebook.

Premium Features