• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP! TNytro wont run past half throttle!

P

ps700

Nov 27, 2007
BCs Northern Capital
So last ride out just about 2 weeks ago I was having issues when
my sled was warm it would idle low and sometimes would die while idling.
Dont know if this is related to what happened tonight.
Sled sat in the shop since the last ride, not heated but it was warm enough the snow melted off.
Went out to the shop fooled around cleaned her up, greased the skid etc etc and I figured id go for a burn in the field.
Fired it up waited till the red light went out, rode up the street, did a couple
laps to warm her up, then I went to do a fancy boosted wheelie and it pulled
5lb boost spiked to 10lbs and started sputtering real bad!
Did a few more passes and same thing didnt matter if I rolled on it or
whacked it, half throttle and she would sputtered and fart and pop and wouldnt clear up.
Cant give an rpm cause it would jump all over the place!
If someone could shed some light on what I should check it would help, I wanna ride this weekend!
Im going to call pg yamaha tomorrow and see what they say but I hope its something easy I dont like paying
$100 bucks an hour for them to look at it if I can do it myself. BTW sled is an 09 xtx with
a 240mcx boosted since brand new and has 7500 ish km on it. Thanks in advance for the help.

B
Dec 18, 2007
It sounds like your secondary injectors are not firing. The comment about the idle change makes me think you have a vacuum leak. This could be caused by a blown off or cracked vacuum hose. Check the lines around your blow off valve and MCX box. Most common place for issues.

LL

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Fuel filter plugged, vaccum leak, boost leak, exhaust leak, secondary injectors......all will give a similar response.

How many kms on sled?

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
I had the same type of problem with mine a couple of years ago. I had a small leak in the vacuum line going to the boost guage. Check all vacuum lines real close. Good Luck!

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
falling hard on its face typically takes a big exhaust leak and you should be able to hear it or see it. The 2x times this happened to me was 1-the charge tube had worked it way off the turbo making a leak. Second time it was my fuel filter that was plugged up.

GL

Should be an easy fix, just have to find the source :)

P

ps700

Nov 27, 2007
BCs Northern Capital
I was determined to ride this weekend so I brought it to yammy, apparently it was a couple wires going in to the Mcx box that wiggled out and weren't making contact, so I guess ill find out tomorrow if its good to go or not. Thanks for the help and the suggestions.

Premium Features