• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me figure out the Attitude Fuel controller... I get it but I dont

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
OK, so I understand the premise of the Attitude/ Purelogic fuel controller, but without yet playing with it and reading over the some of the material on the Attitude site, I am a little confused as to how to actually use it.

I have it all ready to go on my sled, but want to understand it a little more before I dive in with both feet.

My application: Attitude Gen3.2
2009 Crossfire 800SP w/ SLP full pipe kit and D&D shim kit. Riding 0-2500ft

Right from the website:

KEY DIFFERENCES:

* THE GEN 3 CONTROLLER ADDS FUEL BY OFFSETTING THE PULSE WIDTH A GIVEN FIXED VALUE.
i.e. – you add 1 ms of pulse width

* THE GEN 3.2 CONTROLLER CAN BOTH ADD FUEL BY OFFSETTING THE PULSE WIDTH OR ADD FUEL BY CALCULATING A PERCENTAGE OF THE STOCK INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH.
i.e. – you add 10% more pulse width

* THE GEN 3.5 CONTROLLER CAN ADD OR SUBTRACT FUEL BY CALCULATING A PERCENTAGE OF THE STOCK INJECTOR PULSE WIDTH.
i.e. – you can subtract 10% fuel

BENEFIT OF PERCENTAGE FUELING
Through research and development it has been found that percentage based fueling can offer a more consistent tune-up for applications, which may experience large-scale environmental changes. A few environmental changes to note include temperature and elevation changes. These factors play a large role already in the stock ECU fuel calculations. Fueling a cold motor is different than fueling a warmed-up motor. Fueling at sea level is different than fueling at a mile high.

Offset fueling still has its benefit of being easier to tune since you know exactly how much fuel you’re adding. The power of the Gen 3.2 controller is the ability to set each tuning zone independent of the others. The Cruise zone can be offset fuel while the Acceleration and Full Throttle zones can be percentage fuel. This flexibility allows a tune-up to be created which can hold its tune even better through environmental changes. This flexibility is set by Attitude Industries based on each individual application and can not be changed by the end user.

1. So with the GEN 3.2, how do you switch between percentage base fueling and offset and how do I tell the difference?

2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of either mode?

3. looking for general user feedback. Likes and dislikes of the system.

I tried a few times speaking with Derek, but I either was not asking the right questions or just didn't understand what he was telling me, and didn't get very far or a clear cut understanding of general operation.

Any help would be great.

Premium Features