• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help finding grounds 2007 Summit 800R

T
Dec 10, 2013
'07 Summit 800R (NO lights, instruments, grip heat)

Cluster, heaters, headlight not working. Two 20A Fuses are OK. All connectors are clean, greased, nice condition. Sled runs great.

Can anybody tell me where the grounds are? Been looking but cant find them. Have the cluster off.

Sled mfg date 10/2006. Decal says Summit X 800R 2007. Does a 2007.5 have "2007.5" here on this decal?

Last edited:

wyox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
A friend of mines sled 07 xrs had similar issues and it turned out to be the relay not closing. I seem to remember two relays next to each other zipped tied to the frame above the motor. Could be wrong it was several years and sleds ago.

T
Dec 10, 2013
A friend of mines sled 07 xrs had similar issues and it turned out to be the relay not closing. I seem to remember two relays next to each other zipped tied to the frame above the motor. Could be wrong it was several years and sleds ago.

Thanks, found it was a faulty relay. Theres only one relay. I jumpered relay terminal 30 to 87 and everything works. Getting a new relay plus gonna ziptie a spare next to it. These are available all over the web for $2-$5, search "Bosch style 12vDC relay".

Here are some pics of how to diagnose it. The relay is ziptied to the wire loom to isolate it from engine vibration but they still get killed by vibration. Don't ziptie it hard to the frame.

Happy sledding!

Skidoo-800R-Summit-Relay1.jpg Skidoo-800R-Summit-Relay-location.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features