• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has it always been like this ??

J
Sep 9, 2016
Back in 2010 or 2011 when everybody was probably looking forward to the big change in 2012 and everybody wondering what upgrades will make the sled operate better? Did people go from a 2011 to a 2012 and not be able to ride it or get it on its side and say it was Junk? I've heard comments on some forms where my 15 proclimb could not even attempt to side hill without having the 16 upgrade? LOL
Now I have Road my buddies brand new 17 and for surely I can say the clutch had a certain bit of smoothness that mine doesn't have and also it's pretty quiet where mine kind of sounds like somebody bungee corded a coffee can half full of nuts and bolts to my clutch? I could tell by looking at his skis that they were wider, but were they doing anything different? I do like the fact that mine have a grating on the top of them so when I step on my skis I don't slip like I would on his brand-new wider 17 skis. It's hard to get the kind of seat time I would like to get to know my sled. I can't ride right off property so I have no less than an hour to travel to ride.
I personally want more seat (stand up) time on this sled before I start blaming it's capabilities ? So far so good it's got me out of everything that my older sleds wouldn't have...
oh yeah absolutely love the telescopic steering so far :eyebrows:

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
A 15 proclimb is a nice sled for sure. It's very capable. The changes they've made since then have just made it so much easier to ride. Will it go places your 15 won't? That's debatable but the refinements are real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
And yes it has always been like this. With one exception....'12's were absolute crap and wouldn't go places my '10 would. Horrible. But other than that it is always like this. I've owned essentially your sled and loved it. When I got my 16 it was remarkably better. I went places easier than I did on my '14 w/ 3". I'm sure I will feel the same about my future sleds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Everything is like that for Gear heads. Diesel pickups with most power or blacker smoke, jet boats that'll run the skinniest of water at 150miles an hour and a sled that needs to ride like a drone. We are a spoiled lot.

Personally I don't give a rats azz about the other brands and what they do or weigh, I just want the most out of my sled rideability/drivability whatever year or brand. If my sled could talk it would say stop tinkering and learn to ride idiot

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Advancements and how they feel depend a lot on the rider. I could ride your 15 all day long and love it. But when I get on a sled with a 16 front end I love it even more. Same with the 2.6 track, it goes great, but the 3 inch just works better and in deeper conditions I don't have to worry as much about my lines or the speed I have to maintain to keep from trenching in.

Depends on your riding style and how aggressive you ride on how much you'll notice the changes. For me I never ride on 2 skis unless I have to, constantly carving from side to side on one ski almost always, uphill, downhill or flat it doesn't matter. Ski's to me make little to no difference, once you're in the pow you pretty much don't need them but some people swear they cause the sled to dive in the deep or not to float as well. As for me I've tried several types of aftermarket skis and found once off trail they didn't do anything better than the stockers I took off. On a nice deep day, riding almost exclusively off trail, when we get back to the trail a lot of the time my steering is pretty much locked in place and I have to move it from side to side to break it loose because I've been carving all day and only moving the bars when countersteering.

Everyone has their own style and what they are looking for in a sled. Bragging on what you have and dissing your buddies POS Doo or Poo or even a older Cat:face-icon-small-sho is part of the fun:) I have owned all brands and sure I will own them all again in the future, the only thing I know for sure is whatever I'm riding is gonna be the best there is at the time:)

Last edited:
J
Sep 9, 2016
It's funny you mention the power claw track as earlier today I was looking through some other threads for some other kind of information and stumble upon these old guys back years ago talking about how the new Power claw track was so awesome they can barely stay on their sled they got so much traction...LOL

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
It's funny you mention the power claw track as earlier today I was looking through some other threads for some other kind of information and stumble upon these old guys back years ago talking about how the new Power claw track was so awesome they can barely stay on their sled they got so much traction...LOL

Haha I just went from the old challenger to a power claw on the wife's sled and there is plenty of evidence to back that up.

Every time you wonder how they can make stuff better they seem to find a way. That's why it's silly for people to say who cares about what the other guy rides and what it does. A saying I heard a long time back goes "competition is the mother of ingenuity". Without all the back and forth and who's better we wouldn't have the sleds we have today. Competition makes our sport great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
Sep 9, 2016
Well I like my power claw but I can't say the same for people following me it seems to throw ice balls that could take out a moose. Not having the three inch paddle track is another thing I have to feel inferior about LOL

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah

I can verify this as well. On my old m7 when I went from the challenger to the 2.25 powerclaw in 09 it was definitely a whole new enchilada and had a learning curve to get used to the new found traction. Then in '13 a buddy put a 2.6" powerclaw on his m7 and it felt like just as drastic of a change compared to my 2.25". Now I gots my '14 with the 2.6 and it's definitely a handful. Never rode the 3" powerclaw, but did the "mod" to my 2.6" and it feels like it gets on the snow way better with much less trenching

J
Sep 9, 2016
The 3in is the real deal.
16 front is so much better.

GS6
my buddy has all that on his new 17 and only thing I felt different was the clutch a little smoother but I didn't get a lot of seat time on it either. I'm glad you like it cuz that stuff sure cost a lot of money if it doesn't come on your sled already and even then...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I put those on my 14.

If u don't side hill the front end isn't needed, if u do, it is worth every penny! Totally transforms the sled.
The more setup the snow is, the more it stands out.

GS6

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
( stop tinkering and learn to ride idiot) is exactly what I am thinking....:amen:

Coming from someone that can't, funny.

Ppl give a lot of opinions. The difference is the person riding it.

First thing everyone forgets is shutting their mouth and asking why?
We all give opinions first, just like the op.

You said so yourself, it gets you where you want to go.

Great, there you have it.

But if you want the best for you? Tell me what you want, and how you want it. I'll tell you exactly what it will take, why it takes it, and show you the result. Along with a money backed guarantee.
But, it's not just the sled, it's your willingness to put in effort, money, time!

So on scale of 1-10, 1 being hardly any and 10 being whatever it takes where do you stand on.

Effort (mental and physical)
Money
Time

I've seen so many ppl try, and give up minutes short of the next level.

I've clearly got my own ideas, but I have to know what you want before I can actually help.

I
Sep 23, 2016
I can verify this as well. On my old m7 when I went from the challenger to the 2.25 powerclaw in 09 it was definitely a whole new enchilada and had a learning curve to get used to the new found traction. Then in '13 a buddy put a 2.6" powerclaw on his m7 and it felt like just as drastic of a change compared to my 2.25". Now I gots my '14 with the 2.6 and it's definitely a handful. Never rode the 3" powerclaw, but did the "mod" to my 2.6" and it feels like it gets on the snow way better with much less trenching

whats the mod?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
That actually helps? With what exactly?

Grabs more snow. Kinda like a dirt bike tire. You can have the biggest knobs or paddles in the world but if they're too close together or there are too many of them you don't get good purchase on whatever your surface is.

Have you ridden one of the polaris 3" tracks? They're not even close to the awesomeness of the powerclaw. If you look at them you can see why. There's far too much area taken up by paddles. There's a lot less room for snow to get in there and for the track to pull on it. You end up needing rpms more because you're more on the tips of the paddles whereas the powerclaw gets better penetration into the snow.....because of the big open gaps.

full confession: I haven't ridden a cut 2.6 but as soon as I saw the 3" I knew it would work better, and not just because of the paddle length. People here who have done it have spoken highly of it.

That's the thinking behind it at least.

I
Sep 23, 2016
Grabs more snow. Kinda like a dirt bike tire. You can have the biggest knobs or paddles in the world but if they're too close together or there are too many of them you don't get good purchase on whatever your surface is.

Have you ridden one of the polaris 3" tracks? They're not even close to the awesomeness of the powerclaw. If you look at them you can see why. There's far too much area taken up by paddles. There's a lot less room for snow to get in there and for the track to pull on it. You end up needing rpms more because you're more on the tips of the paddles whereas the powerclaw gets better penetration into the snow.....because of the big open gaps.

full confession: I haven't ridden a cut 2.6 but as soon as I saw the 3" I knew it would work better, and not just because of the paddle length. People here who have done it have spoken highly of it.

That's the thinking behind it at least.

Makes sense! I was thinking about trying a 3in pclaw for if I ever get out west but I feel like its a pita fitting it in there...my 2.6 was a pain getting the track shaft out last weekend lol Maybe ill lop the fingers off and see how it does
face-icon-small-happy.gif

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Yup, what kidwoo said, cut the fingers off. It's a tough thing to do for what tracks cost, but it was 100% worth it. We have been riding awesome snow for pretty much 2 months straight and it has been killing it. Doesn't seem to trench near as bad as it did before, it gets right up on the snow.

This year as far as performance goes I made two upgrades to my sled, this mod and a SSI Y pipe. it's been performing good enough that I've been accused by guys in my group of atleast piping it if not more. Especially by the guy in my group on a big bored pro, he's having fits that a basically stock "arctic crap" is holding its own against his big bore. It got bad enough for him that two weeks ago he went and dropped $1200 on a conqueror track, so far it hasn't helped. Hope that didn't come out sounding to wyoboyish ;), but it's the honest truth.

Haven't had much time on it in heavier snow, but I haven't heard complaints about the 3" so I'm sure it'll be fine

Premium Features