• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Happy-Face Pro Collar - Available Now

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
Ordered mine on Wednesday or Thursday and it was in my mailbox today!! Awesome looking clamp and super speedy shipping! Might have to take it for a cruise tomorrow....even though we don't have much for snow. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

C

chousercat

Dec 8, 2007
Ordered mine today. UPS two day delivery from Oregon to Denver for $16. It's definitely a better clamp. Oh, well........after spending $13,000 what difference is another $116 gonna make?

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Thank you, installed mine right away. Haven't got to test it yet, but looks great and fits perfect. Helps take the worry away. Also, great service, recieved a couple days after order. Now let the snow pile up!

S
Feb 28, 2010
Thanks Dave

Sounds like your one of the few people that actually do what they say they are going to do. Recived all three collars the day after i talked to you , thanks
installed all three collars nice machining and perfect fit, unfortunatelly the temp droppeed to 47 below so not riding until it warms up a little but thanks again , will drop a note after our first day of testing.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
has anyone glued this collar on with the lord adhesive? I have the glue and want to glue it but if there is ever any warranty issue then this thing will never come off. I would not be surprised if poo tried to deny something to do with the warranty because of this

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
has anyone glued this collar on with the lord adhesive? I have the glue and want to glue it but if there is ever any warranty issue then this thing will never come off. I would not be surprised if poo tried to deny something to do with the warranty because of this

The Happy Face collar installed with adhesive is as close to a bulletproof and permanent fix than anything we have seen so far IMO. I am concerned about the same thing you mention, but as I understand it the Lords 406 will "un-bond" at temps of 400F and up. If that's the case then you would think a bonded HF collar could still be removed with proper application of a heat gun. However, since I don't have much experience with Lords adhesive I'm wondering if that's really plausible. Anyone with Lords adhesive experience have any wisdom to share on this? (ahem.... cough cough..... Mountainhorse???)

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Problem is that if you heat up the collar to remove it you will also heat up the adhesive that holds the shaft together. I think if this is glued it is pretty much a permanent deal. no doubt it will be strong as hell

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The Happy Face collar installed with adhesive is as close to a bulletproof and permanent fix than anything we have seen so far IMO. I am concerned about the same thing you mention, but as I understand it the Lords 406 will "un-bond" at temps of 400F and up. If that's the case then you would think a bonded HF collar could still be removed with proper application of a heat gun. However, since I don't have much experience with Lords adhesive I'm wondering if that's really plausible. Anyone with Lords adhesive experience have any wisdom to share on this? (ahem.... cough cough..... Mountainhorse???)

Well... for starters... everyone is assuming that the adhesive used in the driveshafts is Lord 406.... FACT is... no body can/will say for sure at this point.

IF... IF... the adhesive on the shaft from the factory is not damaged at 400 degrees AND IF you you can fixture the shaft between centers AND the adhesive used is 406... then you could probably pull it off...

But then again.. who has all that stuff... as Paul said... It would be a "one shot" deal... you're not getting it off for all intents and purposes. :evil:

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
I would like to say Thank You to all the people who put their trust in us and purchased our products. It has been a whirl wind experience and I can honestly say I have never spent so much time on a phone.

If you were one of the unlucky folks who I (maybe screwed up your order) maybe, well most likely screwed it up, I thank you for your patients and understanding.

We will continue to process and ship orders up till 4:00pm on Friday the 21st and then we are going to take a few days off for Christmas. I will still take calls and try to help in any way I can but we will not be shipping until Wednesday the 26th. If you need clamps please get them ordered before Friday.
Again....Thank You all for all your support and Merry Christmas. Ride Safe.
Dave & Sam

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
Well... for starters... everyone is assuming that the adhesive used in the driveshafts is Lord 406.... FACT is... no body can/will say for sure at this point.

IF... IF... the adhesive on the shaft from the factory is not damaged at 400 degrees AND IF you you can fixture the shaft between centers AND the adhesive used is 406... then you could probably pull it off...

But then again.. who has all that stuff... as Paul said... It would be a "one shot" deal... you're not getting it off for all intents and purposes. :evil:

Not sure what product Polaris is using on the 2013 drive shafts, however, I did contact Lord on the Tunnel and A-Arm epoxy. They sent me this PDF file. It is an interesting read. It did have a point at 400 degrees were it became pliable. They did say once cooled it became harder than the first time it was cured.

Attachments

• Powder Coating after Bonding with LORD 400 Series Acrylic Adhesives TT3063.pdf
    121.7 KB · Views: 25
C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
thanks guys!!! i got mine in 2 days half way across country! trip next week, thanks for saving it. still waiting on polaris collar....why arent they working 24/7 like this great guy? excellent machining:face-icon-small-hap

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
Not sure what product Polaris is using on the 2013 drive shafts, however, I did contact Lord on the Tunnel and A-Arm epoxy. They sent me this PDF file. It is an interesting read. It did have a point at 400 degrees were it became pliable. They did say once cooled it became harder than the first time it was cured.
have you ever worked with "permatex ultra grey"? it has some incredible holding power...just thinking if i should use any adhesives with happy clamp...thanks!

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
finally got mine installed tonight. got to say its the best fitting after market part i have ever installed. fit as it should , no bs to make it fit. the machining is a piece of art. great work guys.

Premium Features