• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handwarmer Codes

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
First ride out on my newly acquired 2021 and about every other time I started the sled I had C1600 and C1603 codes come up. Seems like a common thing on these machines. Kind of annoying to not have handwarmers when it's real cold out. Short of checking connectors and replacing elements is there something anyone has found to help keep these from coming back? Maybe cutting the Cat connectors off and hardwiring the elements?

T
First ride out on my newly acquired 2021 and about every other time I started the sled I had C1600 and C1603 codes come up. Seems like a common thing on these machines. Kind of annoying to not have handwarmers when it's real cold out. Short of checking connectors and replacing elements is there something anyone has found to help keep these from coming back? Maybe cutting the Cat connectors off and hardwiring the elements?
Had them coming up on my 21. Just put some dielectric grease on the main hood wiring harness. Have not seen them since.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
It's a pain to replace them but at $35 a pair it's not too rough having replacement sets.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
Mine does the same. Seems like if i shut it off and restart it, it usually goes away. Im guessing its a software issue that they could fix. I have done all the wire harness chasing and checking and cleaning and dielectric grease and it still does it. ( along with some other pain in the ass issues )

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Was told if you start it and the codes come up, put it in reverse, then back forward and it will clear like restarting the sled. Not really a fix but easier than pulling the rope again I guess.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Was told if you start it and the codes come up, put it in reverse, then back forward and it will clear like restarting the sled. Not really a fix but easier than pulling the rope again I guess.
Yes that what a lot of my clients have found out that works and the warmers ( hand & Thumb) stay on till you kill the sled and go through the process again.
Killing the sled and re-start is not working for them so the reverse trick is working.

Even have replaced the hand warmers and code still comes up after 2-3 rides

Premium Features