• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hahns Peak/Clark riding conditions

S
Feb 7, 2010
How is the snow and riding conditions? Planning on heading that way for Jan 10th,11th, 12th. Anyone available to show us around the area some. Would reciprocate the favor in central CO area sometime. Thanks

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Instead of starting a new thread I saw this one was recent. Looking for some info on the area. We are staying at Elk River Guest Ranch just east of Glen Eden starting on 1/31 for 5 days.
I see there is a trailhead down the road a bit more near Vista Verde Ranch, how's the parking situation? We have two 30ft trailers so trying to make sure we aren't getting into areas we can't get turned around. Where else is there to park and ride? Does the Roadhouse let you park there?
How about fuel? I know the Roadhouse has it but does Clark have any or are we driving back to Steamboat?
There is a trail that heads west towards California Park and the terrain looks great on google but how's the snow that direction generally compared to Hahns?
Thanks!

Vista Ranch is off Seedhouse Rd. You can park at end but not great for big trailer. You might be able to park at the lot to right before dead end. It's a burn area and you need to know where your going. I dont go there much as every time there is a wrecked sled or someone gets hurt. Hahns Peak will let you park there and is more accommodating to the trailer you have. They also have 91 non ethanol on site. That's your only option for fuel unless you goto steamboat. Dont try to go up to buff with your trailer. Lot is small and parking gets full quick. Forest service is up there and you park past the sign you will get a ticket. RE would be best option for larger rigs. The trailhead I think you are referring to for Cali park is for maybe 4 trucks with no trailers.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Sounds like were a bit limited to where we can take the trailers, but that's what I was looking for, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Riding out of the roadhouse starting on March 4th and 5th maybe the 6th if snow is good, are there any areas that have a better base places near Hahns peak roadhouse, thanks

Premium Features