• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

grand mesa coditions?!

S
Jan 23, 2012
Cedaredge, CO
Official report: snowy and stuff

camera

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I think you are going to hit this just right! We have suffered from a lack of snow in recent weeks but we have picked up a ton over the last couple of weeks - 18" in the last 48 hours. It's going to be stellar this weekend! Just watch the avalanches - avalanche warning is in effect. Bring your shovel - you're gonna need it!! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Check out these webcams ( google it):
Powderhorn Resort Colorado
Grand Mesa Lodge
NWS Grand Junction Radar
cotrip.org-device (this is the picture above -which was taken at sunrise this morning) You get a map of Colorado Dept of Transportation's webcams around the state - pick the one on hwy 65 and look at it.

I watch all 4 of these all the time!!

I'm excited for Sunday! First chance to do some serious powder riding since New Year's!! Yee haw!

Last edited:
A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
I will be up on the Mesa Sunday and Monday. I will report back Monday night it that helps you.

Rode yesterday (3/9) the snow was hero with decent powder in the shaded areas.
Tree riding was great. Very large slide occurred on the north face of the west end of Hidden Valley. Still looks like more could come down. Wife and I snowbiked the entire North backside of Hidden in the trees and had a blast. Hope the info helps. Looks like this weekend will still have some decent snow, but you better hurry. :face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
Premium Features