• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gotta replace my A-arms and suspension bars...stock or aftermarket?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
treat yourself and go with the Timbersled Barkbuster front end and ask him to fit ya with the Evol shocks...

Jul 22, 2009
You'd be crazy not to go with BDX a arms at the least if you ask me. They are cheaper and lighter than stock if you get them through backcountryislife on here and you will get them faster too. I run them myself and have been super happy with them along with their service.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just noticed a crack in one of mine this weekend. I'm probably going to get some zbroz arms which is another option.

A

arcticmat

Nov 23, 2008
Tea SD
I would go with Z-bros. Ran them in the past and liked them, seemed pretty tuff plus the leading edge of the lower arm has an arc in it for a little more clearance.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Zbros arms are stronger than they should be imo... the only arm on the market that will damage your sled over breaking the arm. No thanks. They make a ton of good stuff, but the M 40" arm isn't one of them IMO (and I'm not selling anything to compete with them)

BDX will likely not have A arms any time soon in the 40" length, so that is not CURRENTLY an option. I'd go alt impact CrMo.

Good to see you associating with us non-crazies from time to time Slut!!! :D

If by some chance you're running HCR arms (I was pretty sure you're running a regular M, but I could be off) & want to stay with that width, I'd be happy to help you with BDX ones, just not the 40's.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I'd go alt impact CrMo.

2026.jpg

Do they make any that aren't blacklight baby blue?:face-icon-small-con

Seriously, what do those things even look like in real life? They better match my zepplin and marley velvet backed posters.

edit: nevermind

altimpact said:
Standard Colors Are Black.

Now you'd just need to find out how to actually order them. Can't seem to do it off the site

Last edited:
E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I went with the bdx for price and the fact if I take out a arm 1200 mi from home I can still just pick up a stocker at a dealer to fix don't know if u can mix and match with the others .
and the nickel plate looks sweet

M

MPS

"Alternative Impact", Livingston Montana. Call Dan and tell him I sent ya.

Then get the parts to Rory @ "Ryders", he does Insurance claims.

tell me more about Alternative Impact bro. I am not sure I want to use your name though. I might get shot. ;)

Zbros arms are stronger than they should be imo... the only arm on the market that will damage your sled over breaking the arm. No thanks. They make a ton of good stuff, but the M 40" arm isn't one of them IMO (and I'm not selling anything to compete with them)

BDX will likely not have A arms any time soon in the 40" length, so that is not CURRENTLY an option. I'd go alt impact CrMo.

Good to see you associating with us non-crazies from time to time Slut!!! :D

If by some chance you're running HCR arms (I was pretty sure you're running a regular M, but I could be off) & want to stay with that width, I'd be happy to help you with BDX ones, just not the 40's.

I am not sure you and SLim should be classified as non-crazies. ;) They take themselves a little too serious at that other place. lmao

Well I trust your and Slim's opinions. I will look into the alternative impact arms. I completely agree that the A arm shouldnt be too strong. It could damage the bulkhead if it is too strong. My stock ones bent and also got severed. My bulkhead is ok.

Thanks for the input guys. Don't think I want to go with Zbros though.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
The stock are terrible. I put Zbros on mine and love them but I could see them being a little too strong. I bought them thinking they would narrow the front end and inch but they don't so I would go with the Alternative Impact arms.

Premium Features