• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

go pro hero 2, best settings for sledding, best way to make clips?

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Used my new go pro 2 new years weekend, very cool. Anyways i was wondering what setting everyone is using. It was on the default 960-30 video seems good but files are large. wondering if i could change it up and still get decent video without such large files.
Also trying to clip and make into video/movie clips is much tougher than i expected.
any suggestions?

C
Feb 28, 2011
i like 720 60fps also. might try 960 next time, but the 960 clips are going to be smaller sized than the 720 60fps. I use adobe elements 10 to make my movies, probs the best $100 ive spent. At least I think it was that much. Running it on a 2006 hp dv series lap top is right on the edge of operating correctly. Need a little newer or better system preferably.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Thanks Guys. That was my first problem my computer so ordered a new HP and it should be here in a week or so. That will make things much easier and also got the Adobe elements premier program with it. Looking forward to making some neat clips and ill be sure to share when i do.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
I just came from Montana I took 106 vids and pics all of them suck, so clearly need to learn the best way to use this thing. mostly I just didn't have the camera positioned right, but I am always trying to guess if it's on or off or filming or taking pics, because I can't hear the beeps. but live and learn.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I like using the higher resolution over the higher FPS. I don't think you really need 60 FPS for sledding. Moving fast but not that fast.

I also use 16 gig cards. The battery will not last as long as a 32 gig card. 16 gig is pushing the battery so I figure if I am changing the battery might as well put a new card in at the same time.

Premium Features