• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GM Releases 5 Camera trailering system

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
It's not a Dodge, just like the Silverado is not a Cadillac or a Buick.
U can call the Ram a "Chrysler " or "Fiat" or "FCA" if it makes u feel better but not a Dodge because that particular sub Brand of FCA does not make a truck.

GS6

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I will admit that I was with you guys thinking that the Ram was a lesser vehicle than Ford or gm.
But after riding in my buddy's 2012 3500 DRW to the mountains this winter, I had to eat a little crow.
I would much rather ride in that than a Chev or GMC.
More room, quieter & better ride.
One of the guys along has a fleet of chevy hd trucks including the current body style, and he agrees whole heartedly.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
What did your dodge bud pay you to say that?, must have ben good the gm and chevy out ride that dodge by a ton, the mega cab room yes thats for sure good room.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Milehigh have you seen one yet or just the literature? I am gonna call my ADI guy in the morning and try to get my hands on a kit.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
I have a friend that bought one. i have to
sit in the back seat and see what i think
of it. the cummins part of a dodge i like
ill check the rest out its been a while.
never been a dodge fan over the years
maybe its time to give them a chance.

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
I'd really like to add this to mine when it comes available. I just went out and looked at my 2015 HD and it looks like the oem towing mirrors underside have a recessed place for the camera molded in it on the right one but not the drivers side.

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
I think I hear you saying with my stock Denali mirrors it's not an option? Do you think it could be used with the other cameras and just not the mirrors?

From the little info I have found it looks like you need the factory tow mirrors. The basic kit comes with two mirror cameras and a wireless trailer camera. It has an option to add another camera. Not sure if my info is correct or not also saw a msrp of $999 on the basic kit.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Installed one today on a 16 HD. Nice connectors. Everything fits good. It's a nice kit. It really is a great setup for the guy pulling doubles. The cameras on the mirrors are cool also.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
GM

Im a gm guy i have the 13 model your right on that model, but new new one's they have lots of room i think there all close room wise, the ram mega for sure has the most, not sure why gm and ford dont make one close to it for back seat riders.

Premium Features