• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**GBOOST DRIVE BELTS ** NEW

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Clutching guru Glend Erlandson sold EPI many years ago but didn't really care for retirement. He formed a new company called Gboost Technologies. I found out about them through the ATV and Side x Side industry. As many of you know ATV's & side x sides offer extreme challenges to drive belts. The main reason is heat because they are in an enclosure to keep them away from water and sand. Also, they are typically driven in warmer temperatures.

I started hearing about these Bad Ass belts and then the Worlds Best belts with rave reviews. They are using higher technology and new materials to make these belts run cooler and last longer. Such as Aramid fiber cords and ball ground tapers instead of knife cut.

Here is an awesome review from the side x side community.

So I seeked out Gboost and added them to my vendor list. I figured if they are taking this much care to develop belts for the ATV industry why not try them on our snowmobiles. They have a full line of snowmobile belts. Here is the tech in the snowmobile belts.

• High temperature, heat resistant polymer DUMAX (TM) with directionally-oriented fibers under the base cord construction
  • Will handle the power heat/friction for maximum power transfer through clutches.
  • Engineered to keep maximum under-cord stiffness across the belt while giving stable cord construction base and allowing the belt to flex for efficiency and cool running temps.
  • CORD - Next generation, ultra-strong Aramid fiber cord (S-Compound and E-Compound models) can handle/carry more than 10,000 pounds of tension without stretching or breaking. 30% stronger compared to OEM and aftermarket drive belts. E-Compound Turbo Belts are Aramid Fiber with DUMAX (TM) high-temperature compound.
  • TOP COG - Next generation cog design with DUMAX (TM) compound for above-cord strength, flexibility, and heat resistance. This is a must for today's high-horsepower/high-torque motor/clutch applications.
  • E-Compound Turbo Belts
  • Next Generation, Aramid Fiber with Superior Cord Tensile Strength and DUMAX (TM)
  • Can handle/carry more than 10,000lbs of tension without stretching
  • Stronger than OEM or aftermarket drive belts
  • Top Cog Compound to RetainCord Rigidity and Better Adhesion of Top Cogt to Cord Construction
    "If you blow the S-Compound, E-Compound, or E-Compound Turbo Belt, it is because your clutch calibration is incorrect for your application." -Glenn Erlandson
Here is the link to Gboost Polaris Snowmobile Drive Belts. We also have the ATV ones in our ATV section.

DBPO1183-2T.png

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
harder or softer compound than stock?

To be honest I do not know. I know in the ATV segment it depends on the family of belts. The Bad Ass belts are a harder compound where they were able to use a softer compound for the Sand Storm and Worlds Best Belt. I am still not sure how that relates to the stock belt. I will try to find out for you when it comes to the snowmobile belts.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I tried one last year and experienced a lot of belt slippage and hot clutches. The belt seemed to be a harder compounded than stock. I did wash the belt before install. I also had to adjust my deflection with the gboost belt.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
All the belt manufacturers are speaking of "cord this and cord that", what they need to focus on is cord to rubber adhesion at higher temperature. Belts usually don't just break clean off, they mostly "explode" due to delamination.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
All the belt manufacturers are speaking of "cord this and cord that", what they need to focus on is cord to rubber adhesion at higher temperature. Belts usually don't just break clean off, they mostly "explode" due to delamination.

Yes, the more accurate ball ground tapers and myrid fibers in with the rubber is supposed to stick much better to sheaves allowing less slippage and cooler belt and clutch temperatures.

Premium Features