• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gates G Force C12 Carbon Drive Belt

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
Are you finding the gates carbon are just drop in on your pro rmks ? No adjusting ? Any rpm changes? Grip better than the 1115?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
You cannot tell me that thing is better if anyone trying blows them up. So everyone trying is no good but the belt is.
If the belt is any good it has to be able to perform for the average Rider without any special procedures and Bull Imagined or real -- No Good Is not good that is what i got out of this and other treads.

Let's put this in perspective, Polaris recommends a 50mi break in period for the 115 belt. They also publish specs for center to center, lead in, offset, belt deflection and float that must be adhered to for proper belt wear and longevity. Let alone it is a $200 belt. It should also make my coffee in the morning.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Whats the 46c, when I searched 45C, the first thing that came up, was 46c Axys belt.

Also, I don't know what the specs or grace period is so to speak, for the center to center. The ones we have checked are off, by blue print standards. Fortunately I have learned a lot about blue printing chassis this fall... and still continuing to learn... :face-icon-small-hap

EDIT: I spoke before I thought the 46 must be the shorty belt.

Last edited:

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
T

If you have a primary with machined sheaves you should run the 45C belt. These are Indy Dan, Carl's, or any other proprietary machined sheave primary.

I have a 14 Pro which uses the 115 belt. If i have my sheaves machined as above i should no longer use the 115 belt? I would have to use the stock Axys belt or the 45c gates?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
T

If you have a primary with machined sheaves you should run the 45C belt. These are Indy Dan, Carl's, or any other proprietary machined sheave primary.

I have a 14 Pro which uses the 115 belt. If i have my sheaves machined as above i should no longer use the 115 belt? I would have to use the stock Axys belt or the 45c gates?

That would be my recommendation and choice.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Whats the 46c, when I searched 45C, the first thing that came up, was 46c Axys belt.

Also, I don't know what the specs or grace period is so to speak, for the center to center. The ones we have checked are off, by blue print standards. Fortunately I have learned a lot about blue printing chassis this fall... and still continuing to learn... :face-icon-small-hap

EDIT: I spoke before I thought the 46 must be the shorty belt.

Justin,
Offset is the critical denominator here. Next is lead in. Proper center to center is more of a performance gain. Center to center measurements, short or long can be adjusted for through your secondary in relation to belt deflection.

T

Tore_TJ

Nov 23, 2013
Can anyone explain why I'm running 8300-8400rpm with the gates belt and only 8000-8100 with the 115?

Sounds to me that the gates is slipping, gaining rpm?

With that said, I've been having a clutch setup problem causing excessive heat. The gates belt is delaminating, the 115 pulled a cord.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
I must be very lucky and have absolutely perfect clutch alignment from the factory or something... I've run the gates 44C since ~30 miles on my sks. Yes, I broke it in like a baby and am nice to the sled the first 2 miles to get everything flexible and warm. I bought it back last fall when everyone first started talking about if they could run a gates as a spare instead of a Polaris belt. 2 trips out west, 670 miles now. NO ISSUES at all. Most riding is sidehilling in steep trees but there's been 10-15 second pulls of WOT to make lines. Also on the trail up the mtn we cruise at 55-60mph for extended periods which IMO eats belts the fastest. I just tightened the sheaves 2 turns to account for the slightly smaller belt of the 44C vs the Polaris belt that came on my sled. I'm leaving it and ill buy another one after it eventually fails, $72 for a season that runs consistently 8300 rpm up hills with 62g weights at 9,000-10,000 ft and 8500 rpm on the trails along with 8500 rpm on the lakes back home with 68g weights is as good as it gets! No reason to spend $120 on the correct 45C gates belt when the $72 44C works mint for me!

Just sharing MY experience not saying anyone did anything wrong that blew a belt in 50 miles but something wasn't right because they will hold for at least 1 season. I do agree there is a slightly smaller width and slightly different sheave angle cut on the 44c compared to the factory belt but it is very minor. haven't looked at the 45c so can't comment on that.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I must be very lucky and have absolutely perfect clutch alignment from the factory or something... I've run the gates 44C since ~30 miles on my sks. Yes, I broke it in like a baby and am nice to the sled the first 2 miles to get everything flexible and warm. I bought it back last fall when everyone first started talking about if they could run a gates as a spare instead of a Polaris belt. 2 trips out west, 670 miles now. NO ISSUES at all. Most riding is sidehilling in steep trees but there's been 10-15 second pulls of WOT to make lines. Also on the trail up the mtn we cruise at 55-60mph for extended periods which IMO eats belts the fastest. I just tightened the sheaves 2 turns to account for the slightly smaller belt of the 44C vs the Polaris belt that came on my sled. I'm leaving it and ill buy another one after it eventually fails, $72 for a season that runs consistently 8300 rpm up hills with 62g weights at 9,000-10,000 ft and 8500 rpm on the trails along with 8500 rpm on the lakes back home with 68g weights is as good as it gets! No reason to spend $120 on the correct 45C gates belt when the $72 44C works mint for me!

Just sharing MY experience not saying anyone did anything wrong that blew a belt in 50 miles but something wasn't right because they will hold for at least 1 season. I do agree there is a slightly smaller width and slightly different sheave angle cut on the 44c compared to the factory belt but it is very minor. haven't looked at the 45c so can't comment on that.

Thanks. Sounds like a winner.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Probably tomorrow I'll go out to the trailer and take the belt off and post some pictures up to show how the "improper" gates 44c4553 belt wore on the '16 axys after 1 season, along with side by sides of my Polaris belt with ~30 miles.

That would be good to see. How many miles are on the gates belt. I am still on the original Polaris belt on my Axys. Hopefully the pictures will be able to show what wear your talking about.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The c12 belt i ran on my cat became thinner at a faster rate than my 084 factory belt. ~250 miles and i can't put enough shims on to set the deflection.

GS6

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I ran 2 of the C12's on my turbo m1000 a few weeks ago and they are not good. 1 lasted half day and the other lasted 1 day. Both belts tore in half. A good washed cat belt will last 5 rides normally before it pulls a string.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
That would be good to see. How many miles are on the gates belt. I am still on the original Polaris belt on my Axys. Hopefully the pictures will be able to show what wear your talking about.

If I remember correctly I have 67x miles on the sled so roughly 650 miles on the gates 44c belt. I only looked at it a few times during the season when changing weights in-between trips but nothing looked odd any time I checked it. It definitely never had the "fade" or any other rpm issues throughout the season so I'd say its a keeper, but I'll post some pictures to share so others can see that it works trouble free with no impact on performance.

Premium Features