• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 upper chaincase protection

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i only found one company that makes clear wrap for particular areas and that's braapwraps. clear protective film is not the same material as vinyl wraps, fyi.
yes you can cut it and apply it yourself. it's not technically difficult but cutting the pieces to match the proper shape is a pain in the ass. i went that route initially and then started looking to see if it was commercially offered. the stuff that braapwrap uses is extremely thick and you will need a heat gun/hair dryer and patience.
if i were to do it again, i'd get braapwraps to use the same maetrial but a little thinner than what they sent for the two frame pieces that have the "pyramidal frame" decal. only because those frame pieces have a curved profile where they attach to the body and it's such a short distance that it's hard to get the film to lay down and stay. it's not that big a deal since those small curved areas don't suffer from abrasion.

Premium Features