• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Floats or GYTR

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Needing some advice on shocks. What shocks are better the fox floats or the gytr. Wanting to replace the front shocks on my RX1. Nytro shocks 17.5" eye to eye will work and came across a couple deals. A set of fox floats from a 08 nytro and a set of GYTR from a 09 nytro both for the same price and both in real nice shape. Only thing is the floats don't come with the pump and they were rebuilt and revalved last year. What is the cost of a pump. Looking for a smoother ride on the washboard bumps on the trails and rough lakes. Both are 17.5" eye to eye.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i have had both & would take the gytr's unless you want to save a little weight,the gytr ride way better all around.

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Thanks for the info. I settled on the GYTR's. They were take offs from a 09 Nytro at 150 miles and I picked them up for $200 but I will have to replace one of the compression adjustment knobs. I think it will be a good improvement over the stock 03 RX1 shocks.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Thanks for the info. I settled on the GYTR's. They were take offs from a 09 Nytro at 150 miles and I picked them up for $200 but I will have to replace one of the compression adjustment knobs. I think it will be a good improvement over the stock 03 RX1 shocks.

yes will be a big diff they actually are a very nice shock,i run exits now but really liked the gytr shocks very good shock for the money

Premium Features