• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum update issues topic

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So my best guess on this is that the "Shout Box" AdOn code isn't writting your user preference to your XF user file for long term storage.

For the moment I do NOT have a solution to this issue.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Okay
Tell me what the issues are.
I am posting this from TapaTalk right now

Christopher,
Tapatalk keeps telling me "Permission Error, Your session appeared to be expired or the network is halving a problem. Please log into this forum again to restore access" first message.
With a choice of log in or ok. I press log in option, which then prompts a question confirming my user name. With a choice of " yes log me in" or a "no" button.
I then push " yes log me in". Which followed by " System message, authentication failed, please log in with your user name and password." then a "ok" button.

I press the "ok" button. but have no place to "log in" as it were.
Not sure if it is a Forum issue or Tapatalk, But was working up to new Forum going online? I have logged out of Tapatalk and back in, no change. deleted Snowest out of the option list and re- instated on list, no change.

Thanks for any insite

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I'm also having to minimize the shoutbox about half the time the page refreshes or a new page loads. Also, on mobile at least, i don't have the Snotel stations scrolling at the top of the page anymore. They're still in my settings, and i haven't had a chance to check out the desktop version yet to check if they're there.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm also having to minimize the shoutbox about half the time the page refreshes or a new page loads. Also, on mobile at least, i don't have the Snotel stations scrolling at the top of the page anymore. They're still in my settings, and i haven't had a chance to check out the desktop version yet to check if they're there.
As of right now we have NOT begun the coding process to bring SNOTEL back online in the new forums.
That feature is DEAD "For the Moment"
We will get it back, but it may be a few weeks yet.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Heya Chris, I'm not getting email notifications from the forum. I posted something in the snowbike sales section and someone messaged me (conversation) but I wasn't notified via email which the pre-upgrade software would do. I went through my profile settings and confirmed all the checkboxes are checked. Anyone else reporting not getting email notifications since the upgrade? I just unchecked and saved and re-checked and saved to see if that gets it working. Would like to get timely replies to those that start a conversation and without the email notification, it's tough. Checking on that would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Heya Chris, I'm not getting email notifications from the forum. I posted something in the snowbike sales section and someone messaged me (conversation) but I wasn't notified via email which the pre-upgrade software would do. I went through my profile settings and confirmed all the checkboxes are checked. Anyone else reporting not getting email notifications since the upgrade? I just unchecked and saved and re-checked and saved to see if that gets it working. Would like to get timely replies to those that start a conversation and without the email notification, it's touch. Checking on that would be great. Thanks.
Thus far you are the only one reporting this.
Let me check your account

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Heya Chris, I'm not getting email notifications from the forum. I posted something in the snowbike sales section and someone messaged me (conversation) but I wasn't notified via email which the pre-upgrade software would do. I went through my profile settings and confirmed all the checkboxes are checked. Anyone else reporting not getting email notifications since the upgrade? I just unchecked and saved and re-checked and saved to see if that gets it working. Would like to get timely replies to those that start a conversation and without the email notification, it's touch. Checking on that would be great. Thanks.
as I suspected.
This one is on YOU...
When you reported our e-mail as SPAM, you got REMOVED from the e-mail server.

Email Information

Details

Tochadx@xxxxxxxxx.com
Fromcontact@snowest.com
SubjectLast week's most popular topics (from SnoWest)
Message IDBXJ9le_CSu68evnzTi_i0g.filter0039p3iad2-15260-5D8620D7-86.0

Fewer Details

Event History
SendGrid Logo
Received by SendGrid

Dropped

2019/09/21 1:08pm UTC+00:00

This email was not sent because the recipient previously marked your messages as spam.

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Interesting and thanks for the research. I never physically clicked anything that would report a snowest email as spam. Wonder if the new upgrade somehow gets feedback from some email providers where if the email provider auto-sorts an email to the spam folder, the forum somehow gets notified. Can you please ensure it's reset so I start getting email notifications again? We'll see if it happens again with the next email I receive from the forum. Thanks!

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I'm not receiving any notifications from the forum either. I get notifications from tapatalk but not from the forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chadx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Chris, Confirming that my email notices are now working. I received an email notice that steve posted to this thread.
Good to go now. Thanks!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Interesting and thanks for the research. I never physically clicked anything that would report a snowest email as spam. Wonder if the new upgrade somehow gets feedback from some email providers where if the email provider auto-sorts an email to the spam folder, the forum somehow gets notified. Can you please ensure it's reset so I start getting email notifications again? We'll see if it happens again with the next email I receive from the forum. Thanks!
If you reported one of the Daily or Weekly Disgests as SPAM, then you had your e-mail address BLOCKED from all SnoWest E-Mails generating from our Forum Server.

You are UNblocked for now.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm not receiving any notifications from the forum either. I get notifications from tapatalk but not from the forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Email Information

Details

Toxxxxxxxx@brainerd.net
Fromcontact@snowest.com
SubjectRMK 600 08 - New reply to your conversation
Message ID8gSymP_BSkq7hb2aNYXkZw.filter0091p3iad2-18357-5D8AE11A-28.0

Fewer Details

Event History
SendGrid Logo
Received by SendGrid

Dropped

2019/09/25 3:38am UTC+00:00

This email was not sent because the recipient previously unsubscribed from these emails.

Premium Features