• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum traffic by sled brand today

A
Jan 13, 2012
Central Washington
On the Ski Doo forums if you don't own a late model multi thousand dollar machine you might as well not show up at the dance on Saturday night. I posted a question about a 503 and it is like I farted in church or something.:face-icon-small-win

W
Nov 10, 2010
On the Ski Doo forums if you don't own a late model multi thousand dollar machine you might as well not show up at the dance on Saturday night. I posted a question about a 503 and it is like I farted in church or something.:face-icon-small-win

Pretty much sums up snow west in general lol! I asked if 2 sleds fit in a 6x12, one fella gave a quick and accurate response, other asked if i have a tape measure.... Thanks tips

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
I've been to revy 3 times this year in super deep and my 174" pro did just fine. Just helping my buddies 174" doo out!!!View attachment 248603

attachment.php

That's a pretty sweet NMFH.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
The doo prominent snow and mud site with ski doo pro riders like maxwell and cuso had their max viewed day ever the day the 2011 pro dropped.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I think the user numbers probably follow sales figures pretty closely:becky: 50 out of 52 at Jackson, best selling snowmobile in the world, what, three or four years running?

You guys that think they blow up all the time are funny. Lots of '11s did because they were delivered with way too lean oil settings. .

last time i looked the 08-12 motor wast the same....and nobody had problems with the 08-12's. as for your Jackson stats keep puffin.

C
Dec 24, 2014
last time i looked the 08-12 motor wast the same....and nobody had problems with the 08-12's. as for your Jackson stats keep puffin.

Not the same, similar but not the same. The '08-10 was the CFI4 and VERY prone to coming apart. The '11-12 was the CFI2 with a new fuel system that reduced problems. '13s and up get improved cylinders. Like most manufacturers they make regular improvements, and those can be seen because we now rarely see engine failures in low mileage machines like we used to.

As for Jackson.... that's your best response to the drubbing Poo served the rest?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Not the same, similar but not the same. The '08-10 was the CFI4 and VERY prone to coming apart. The '11-12 was the CFI2 with a new fuel system that reduced problems. '13s and up get improved cylinders. Like most manufacturers they make regular improvements, and those can be seen because we now rarely see engine failures in low mileage machines like we used to.

As for Jackson.... that's your best response to the drubbing Poo served the rest?

yes and possible new info is that the cap staves the sled of oil or limits it and the pumps are set way too lean. guys are seeing ~ 40/1 on 2015s where guys were seeing ~80/1 on 13s and 14s

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Well if we're gonna state probable causes, I suggest most of the doo owners are tryingtimfigure out where the cheapest place to buy additional scratchers and new hyfax, whether you can install without taking off the track, how to measure across ski tips to see how much one is pushed back, how long it takes to change an s module cause they hit a bit of snow that was frozen, how much the s module costs and can they do it at home, and how do I adjust my suspension for the 80 % of days the snow is set up, and where can I get the old adjustable limiter strap Doo used to make so i can ride this 174 on set up snow ? Great trail ride tho, nice and cushy !

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho

the fuel system changed but did the "motor"?:face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features