• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ford 6.4 litre mileage

W
Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
Hey what are youi gonna haul with it??? I sell them this is my advice. if you can buy an F-250 beef the suspention! for some azzinine reason the f-350 450 computer is less HP and the milage sucks azz!

250s do way better! its all in the ecu tune and the Fuggin emmisions! dont mod it out freekin rep voided one of our customers warrantys on the lot just seeing his truck with the aftermarket exhaust.

emmisions has all 08s mpgs in the toilet

M
Nov 27, 2007
great idea about the f 250.. but the 250 has has lighter gvw rating and the provincial government tags us with a luxery tax around 3 percent..on lighter pickups..gm.s hd 2500 does not get tagged although..interesting note on the popular mech. artical was the duramax was not a dually..single wheels roll alot easier than two.. one of my riding buddies has a f 350 single wheel 4x4 and i drive a f 450 dually 4x4 ..both trucks with two sleds on he cruises along in two wheel drive and i am in four on the same road conditions..

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
great idea about the f 250.. but the 250 has has lighter gvw rating and the provincial government tags us with a luxery tax around 3 percent..on lighter pickups..gm.s hd 2500 does not get tagged although..interesting note on the popular mech. artical was the duramax was not a dually..single wheels roll alot easier than two.. one of my riding buddies has a f 350 single wheel 4x4 and i drive a f 450 dually 4x4 ..both trucks with two sleds on he cruises along in two wheel drive and i am in four on the same road conditions..

I always laugh at the duallys with the canopies... If you get a dooley, get it for function, not esthetics... IMO Load er up!

do some more research first

Ford Motor Co. on Wednesday told dealers to temporarily stop selling certain 2008 F-series Super Duty diesel pickups after receiving reports of flames shooting out of the vehicle's tailpipe.

Ford said it was recalling 37,400 F-Series Super Duty trucks with 6.4-liter diesel engines. The majority of the pickups -- 29,000 -- were still on dealer lots, the automaker said.

Ford spokesman Dan Jarvis said it received three reports of flames coming from the truck's tailpipe, caused by leaking fuel that ignited in the exhaust system's diesel particulate filter near the tailpipe.

"It's really something that we noticed early on and we're moving swiftly to fix the problem," Jarvis said.

There have been no injuries or vehicle fires connected to the recall. There has been one report of a grass fire in Texas that was quickly extinguished, he said.

Jarvis said the flames could only occur in engines with leaking fluids, which he said was very rare. Two of the complaints involved leaking fuel injectors and the other involved leaks coming from a crack in the turbocharger shaft.

The automaker will have dealers upgrade software for the powertrain control module, which will power down the engine under higher-than-expected temperatures in the diesel particulate filter. Similar software updates will take place at the Louisville, Ky., plant where the trucks are built.

Jarvis said the stop sale order should only last a few days as dealers reprogram the software. Owners of the remaining 8,400 trucks will be notified about the recall in early April and will be able to have the software upgrade at no charge.

In a separate action, fewer than 10,000 of the trucks will have the battery cable rerouted to avoid chafing against a shield in the engine compartment that prevents water and mud from getting into the engine.

Ford said the recall does not affect gasoline-powered pickups or those with 6.0-liter or 7.3-liter diesel engines.

they never fixed the "leak" they just prevented from getting hot enough to lite it on fire, dealers say there is no problem except the catylic keeps plugging hmmm wonder why, what can you expect from ford:confused:

M
Nov 27, 2007
flames coming out of the tail pipe = not that cool .lol.. one the oil companies we work for is considering banning all diesel pickups built after 07 from their wellsites for that reason..the one consultant tells us that the duramax has the best flame thrower of the bunch..this emissions crap is killing us.hate to think what a fully loaded f 450 {weight wise} with a v 10 is going to pull for mileage.. would consider buying a gm product but you almost have to lift them before you take it home and the idea of spending 60g.s and then another 4-5 on a decent lift kind of rubs the wrong way..

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
Check out the diesel stop.com page for info like this. You will be impressed with the site, not with the MPG of the new diesel.

A salesman flat out told me my 04 6.0 is heads and tails above the 6.4 in terms of efficiency related to MPG. Dealer said they are genearlly seeing 1-3 mpg less across the board with the new stuff over what they had before.

Why can't the OEM's quit screwing around with the HP numbers and start working on getting the diesel truck market to 20+ MPG? That would not be that hard to do I'm almost certain!

In the upper lower mainland of Michigan the past few days:

Diesel $3.79
Auto $3.09

Not bad, only .70 more per gallon of fuel, $7,000 more up front, and worse mileage. Hold the door open, where can I buy one?

Premium Features