• .
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

    A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

    Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

    http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

    A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

    If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

    If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

    Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

    As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

    Have a great season.

    From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

    MH

Force turbos VCS. what is this witchcraft?

roughrider99

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
1,772
234
63
30
Fernie,BC
anyone seen force turbos VCS system? what's going on? no fuel tune required, looks like it regulates intake somehow? I don't get it but need to know
 

madmax

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
3,679
2,105
113
I think it acts kinda like the doo factory turbo, bypasses the turbo at low rpm to have stock like throttle response. I’d like to know how it works though.
 

Sheetmetalfab

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
5,326
2,858
113
Ak
I think it acts kinda like the doo factory turbo, bypasses the turbo at low rpm to have stock like throttle response. I’d like to know how it works though.
Electric solenoid.

you can switch off the turbo if you get bad gas and run full stock mapping.

I’m getting tempted. 😬🤑
 

madmax

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
3,679
2,105
113
So I stopped by force turbos today to get the run down on the vcs system from Bryce. First I’ll say very cool system. Very similar to the factory doo turbo in the way it works. There is an intake valve and exhaust valve that open and close to bypass the turbo. On the exhaust side when the valve is closed, all the exhaust gets diverted through the exhaust turbine. When off throttle and rpm drops the valve opens and part of exhaust is diverted out the pipe, bypassing the turbo. Some of the exhaust still goes through the turbo to maintain turbine spin speed. I didn’t ask what rpm the valves open and close. They say if you ride their 850 Polaris with vcs turbo at 3.5lbs and then jump on a factory doo 850 turbo the bottom end and throttle response is the same and very very strong. Completely changes how you ride on and off the throttle in the tight tree stuff compared to a standard Polaris turbo without vcs. I for one love the doo factory turbo motor, just can’t stand riding that chassis. So if I can get my Polaris (or cat) to run like a factory doo turbo it would be huge. Would love to throw a leg over one and see for myself
 

Sheetmetalfab

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
5,326
2,858
113
Ak
So I stopped by force turbos today to get the run down on the vcs system from Bryce. First I’ll say very cool system. Very similar to the factory doo turbo in the way it works. There is an intake valve and exhaust valve that open and close to bypass the turbo. On the exhaust side when the valve is closed, all the exhaust gets diverted through the exhaust turbine. When off throttle and rpm drops the valve opens and part of exhaust is diverted out the pipe, bypassing the turbo. Some of the exhaust still goes through the turbo to maintain turbine spin speed. I didn’t ask what rpm the valves open and close. They say if you ride their 850 Polaris with vcs turbo at 3.5lbs and then jump on a factory doo 850 turbo the bottom end and throttle response is the same and very very strong. Completely changes how you ride on and off the throttle in the tight tree stuff compared to a standard Polaris turbo without vcs. I for one love the doo factory turbo motor, just can’t stand riding that chassis. So if I can get my Polaris (or cat) to run like a factory doo turbo it would be huge. Would love to throw a leg over one and see for myself
were you able to determine how much testing they have done?

with the axys 850?

with the axys 800ho? (Now listed on the site)

if I could get a substantial improvement over my current silber setup for my 2016 it sounds great.
 

Sheetmetalfab

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
5,326
2,858
113
Ak
So I spoke with Dustin.

they installed the kit with force supplied clutching.

ran it all year without adjustment.

bottom end is on par with stock, fueling references boost and is stand alone.

power delivery similar to oem skidoo turbo.
 

madmax

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
3,679
2,105
113
When I was at force they had run it on two of their own sleds (850 Polaris) this whole season. i was under the impression they only had it available for the Polaris 850. I would call them and ask details on a 800 Polaris set up. Like you said, any improvement on the off the throttle response on a Silber of BD kit would be great.
 

live2beel

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
914
239
43
How did the craftsmanship look in person? Good welds etc. ? You would have to think the other manufacturers are trying something like this.
 

madmax

Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
3,679
2,105
113
I would think all the aftermarket sled turbo manufacturers see the end coming. With how well the doo factory turbo runs and Polaris and cat within a year of their own factory turbos, the market for aftermarket turbos is pretty much over. For 90% of guys buying turbos a factory turbo will suit them very well. The other 10% who want more can get that with a $500 tune.
As far as the force turbo kit quality goes, it is as good as you can get.
 

nytro41

Well-known member
Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
332
121
43
Some where in the hills ID
I would think all the aftermarket sled turbo manufacturers see the end coming. With how well the doo factory turbo runs and Polaris and cat within a year of their own factory turbos, the market for aftermarket turbos is pretty much over. For 90% of guys buying turbos a factory turbo will suit them very well. The other 10% who want more can get that with a $500 tune.
As far as the force turbo kit quality goes, it is as good as you can get.

HMMMMMM......Stay tuned......
 
Premium Features