• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Force turbos VCS. what is this witchcraft?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
anyone seen force turbos VCS system? what's going on? no fuel tune required, looks like it regulates intake somehow? I don't get it but need to know

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I think it acts kinda like the doo factory turbo, bypasses the turbo at low rpm to have stock like throttle response. I’d like to know how it works though.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think it acts kinda like the doo factory turbo, bypasses the turbo at low rpm to have stock like throttle response. I’d like to know how it works though.
Electric solenoid.

you can switch off the turbo if you get bad gas and run full stock mapping.

I’m getting tempted. ??

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
So I stopped by force turbos today to get the run down on the vcs system from Bryce. First I’ll say very cool system. Very similar to the factory doo turbo in the way it works. There is an intake valve and exhaust valve that open and close to bypass the turbo. On the exhaust side when the valve is closed, all the exhaust gets diverted through the exhaust turbine. When off throttle and rpm drops the valve opens and part of exhaust is diverted out the pipe, bypassing the turbo. Some of the exhaust still goes through the turbo to maintain turbine spin speed. I didn’t ask what rpm the valves open and close. They say if you ride their 850 Polaris with vcs turbo at 3.5lbs and then jump on a factory doo 850 turbo the bottom end and throttle response is the same and very very strong. Completely changes how you ride on and off the throttle in the tight tree stuff compared to a standard Polaris turbo without vcs. I for one love the doo factory turbo motor, just can’t stand riding that chassis. So if I can get my Polaris (or cat) to run like a factory doo turbo it would be huge. Would love to throw a leg over one and see for myself

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So I stopped by force turbos today to get the run down on the vcs system from Bryce. First I’ll say very cool system. Very similar to the factory doo turbo in the way it works. There is an intake valve and exhaust valve that open and close to bypass the turbo. On the exhaust side when the valve is closed, all the exhaust gets diverted through the exhaust turbine. When off throttle and rpm drops the valve opens and part of exhaust is diverted out the pipe, bypassing the turbo. Some of the exhaust still goes through the turbo to maintain turbine spin speed. I didn’t ask what rpm the valves open and close. They say if you ride their 850 Polaris with vcs turbo at 3.5lbs and then jump on a factory doo 850 turbo the bottom end and throttle response is the same and very very strong. Completely changes how you ride on and off the throttle in the tight tree stuff compared to a standard Polaris turbo without vcs. I for one love the doo factory turbo motor, just can’t stand riding that chassis. So if I can get my Polaris (or cat) to run like a factory doo turbo it would be huge. Would love to throw a leg over one and see for myself

were you able to determine how much testing they have done?

with the axys 850?

with the axys 800ho? (Now listed on the site)

if I could get a substantial improvement over my current silber setup for my 2016 it sounds great.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So I spoke with Dustin.

they installed the kit with force supplied clutching.

ran it all year without adjustment.

bottom end is on par with stock, fueling references boost and is stand alone.

power delivery similar to oem skidoo turbo.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
When I was at force they had run it on two of their own sleds (850 Polaris) this whole season. i was under the impression they only had it available for the Polaris 850. I would call them and ask details on a 800 Polaris set up. Like you said, any improvement on the off the throttle response on a Silber of BD kit would be great.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
How did the craftsmanship look in person? Good welds etc. ? You would have to think the other manufacturers are trying something like this.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I would think all the aftermarket sled turbo manufacturers see the end coming. With how well the doo factory turbo runs and Polaris and cat within a year of their own factory turbos, the market for aftermarket turbos is pretty much over. For 90% of guys buying turbos a factory turbo will suit them very well. The other 10% who want more can get that with a $500 tune.
As far as the force turbo kit quality goes, it is as good as you can get.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
I would think all the aftermarket sled turbo manufacturers see the end coming. With how well the doo factory turbo runs and Polaris and cat within a year of their own factory turbos, the market for aftermarket turbos is pretty much over. For 90% of guys buying turbos a factory turbo will suit them very well. The other 10% who want more can get that with a $500 tune.
As far as the force turbo kit quality goes, it is as good as you can get.

HMMMMMM......Stay tuned......

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Very cool concept if it works as good as the Doo. You don't here much about force turbos in the sled market now, but I know it has changed names a couple times. Has anybody had a force turbo on snowmobile or utv and how did it run?

Premium Features