• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fog/driving lights

B

BullHead

Dec 2, 2007
smithers bc canada
Ditto. Can o' worms opened, Spook. Glass lenses DON'T last on Alberta roads. Period. I've had LF of several work trucks and they were good enough that I put them on my personal truck. Never seen them loosened. Pia, KC, and numerous other brands all died on the Alberta Forestry Trunk road from rocks and vibration....not the LF. They were standard add-ons for all the Baker Hughes Drilling Fluid trucks and on all the Baroid (Halliburton) Fluids trucks. If you've ever seen a mudman drive and see how many miles a year, you'd know these lights are proven. (I used to do 150,000 plus km a year when in the field....4 sets of tires, 3 sets of brakes, 20 to 30 oil changes, 3 to 6 windshields....)

exactly, on bc highway up into yukon and in nwt its the same deal, i was always replacing glass bulbs, i've yet to replace a lightforce, now that i'm up in the arctic, they handle the extreme cold weather amazing, and they put gravel rocks on the roads up here, not sand, go threw so many more windows, the company that does all the road work up here, all run only lightforce, and most of them are all 240s, i can buy lightforce lights cheaper up here then anywhere i've seen, because its all we run

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Bullhead,

Don't take offense to your lights just remember that there are better out there. Light Farce has there place but not in all applications some people don't like the look of a sat. dish on the front of there vehicle. I Am speaking from first hand experience. They work but just not the best.

Multiple customers connot believe they waited so long after switching. I am sure that your driving is far more extinsive than the Baja 1000 or Paris to Dakar they might want to look into you for R&D?:beer;:beer;

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
Give me a Baja rig or Dakar rig to put 150,000km (thats 90,000 miles to you) up and down rig roads all summer and all winter (that's 95 F to -45 F to you) and we'll see how any of it lasts..... Your "best" lights don't last....end of story. I am speaking from real world experience. I don't pay for the stuff....so I've tried it all.

B

BullHead

Dec 2, 2007
smithers bc canada
yea your right there is better out there, the lightforce HID are way better then the 240 blitz but with twice the price tag, thanks alot, and if you want good real world lights, well light force is proved on all sorts of work vehicles in real world conditions, i know for a fact thats why all the bush trucks up here run lightforce, they're the only light that lasts

damn rights, give me one of them trucks, i'll gladly drive one, so just ship one up and i'll let you know if they still work after a few months of up to -55F

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Maybe I can shed some light on the subject..

I have been selling Piaa lights for several years. If you think that Night Farce can compete SORRY! There is a lot more to it than just the price.

After a few months of use the LF tend to loosen up on the back and turn vibrate lossen up etc Please tell me what etc is in this case?. They do produce a good amount of light but it tends to stop there. Isn't that the point?

Has anyone looked at the new LED systems from Vision X. I have been selling them for two years now and the quality is comparible to Piaa. Vision X also sells HID's for a reasonable price.

I have reminded people several times about after the purchase. Piaa has a lifetime warranty on ALL systems as well as Vision X. LF has a warranty but it ends when you leave WalMart. Do people need this warranty a lot if you keep reminding people? Have you had a lot of warranty work done?

Take a look at the wiring on Piaa and Vision X you can see the quality. Since I can't see them all together what is the difference? What is the quality I can see?

Why should you have to buy the light then find a wirring harness then a switch? Does it really matter if total price is less or even comparable? This is a lame argument.

I know I am opening up a can here but look hard before you buy. I know that Piaa can be a bit spendy but they are worth the money. Again Why?

Piaa offers evey type of light for any condition. From the standard fog to the un-matched HID's. Get on the web site and look at the racing products they have lights in there that offer both driving and fog in one package.

Vision X leads the industry in the LED department. If you get the chance you need to check them out. A very compact system that puts out a light that ltteraly blankets the everything in it's path. The only draw back I have found is they do not produce enough heat to melt heavy snow off the face. This is a huge deal for winter driving!!!! That is why LED's are the big thing on farm and construction equipment. Also they make a killer work light due to their durability.

Don't go cheap you will regret it I promise you that. :beer;:beer;

Bullhead,

Don't take offense to your lights just remember that there are better out there Again what makes them better? Details please?. Light Farce has there place but not in all applications some people don't like the look of a sat. dish on the front of there vehicle This is your complete opinion and is personal preference.. I Am speaking from first hand experience Customers or yourself?. They work but just not the best.

Multiple customers connot believe they waited so long after switching. I am sure that your driving is far more extinsive than the Baja 1000 or Paris to Dakar they might want to look into you for R&D And this makes you look like a typical salesman, when you don't have sound research or facts to back up your product you off hand belittle the person you are talking to! ?:beer;:beer;

I mean this in a nice way but after reading all these posts you sound like a salesman. Maybe you do have lots of real work experience with the PIAA lights and I will gladly listen to you tell my exactly why you feel they are a better light. But as a consumer who is looking at spending an insane amount of money on a driving/fog light set-up for my truck I want facts and personal real would experience (not my customers tell me).

To me price is a secondary thought to performance. I need my light set-up to work and be dependable. So Spook if you want to give me facts about the PIAA lights and YOUR real world uses of them I would be happy to listen and learn. Also post up a pic of your set-up (current or past) as it's nice to see how different people have set their lights up.

P.S. Also I believe the Baja and Dakar rally's are all run during warmer months and don't really speak to the cold weather performance of the lights.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
Bullhead,

Don't take offense to your lights just remember that there are better out there. Light Farce has there place but not in all applications some people don't like the look of a sat. dish on the front of there vehicle. I Am speaking from first hand experience. They work but just not the best.

Multiple customers connot believe they waited so long after switching. I am sure that your driving is far more extinsive than the Baja 1000 or Paris to Dakar they might want to look into you for R&D?:beer;:beer;

I really don't want a 9.5" satellite dish on my 330ci either :) But my Cummins Dually is a different story. I've been looking hard at LF, and Saving up a few more bucks for 2 sets of 240 HID's and a Randy Ellis Light bar. :eek:

Premium Features