• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FLU Shot Gone Wrong, Play the lottery if you like

J
Jan 1, 2008
Northern CO
no flu shot for me either... 33% odds isn't worth it. Swine flu isn't real anyways, so why get that shot??

H1N1 (aka swine flu) isn't real anyway? I guess all the people (my kids included) that had 105 degree fevers for days were just playing.

Pretty sure H1N1 is REAL, not likely the doomsday event everyone was predicting, but for dang sure will make you sick. Oh and to all you 25-40 year old healthy guys--that's who's dyin'. Cheers with my seasonal flu shot and H1N1 if it's available and I haven't gotten the real deal!

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I was taught not to believe in doctors, never had any shots growing up and always drank raw milk when young. I have never been constipated and didn't have a colonoscopy until 68. The doc took two minute things off and said come back in 10 years or so. I am convinced our bodies needed all those natural bacteria and we don't do nearly as well without them. At 70 I have developed COPD from breathing the rock dust on all the gravel roads I spent most of my life grading but before that I haven't seen a doctor 5 times in my life. My 4 grand kids each average doc visits at least twice a month year around. I think we are doctoring ourselves to death.

Life expectancy statistics say different.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Life expectancy statistics say different.

no you would be wrong....

Yes but by helping the weak fight stuff that would have normally killed them we are reducing our society immune system.

Yah, that is true... though really how far are you going to take that point of view... oops slipped off the slope..

As to H2SNOW not getting the shot.. LMAO..

Dude, you only see like 5 people (your family), a couple of horses and a Moose all year long, why would you get the shot? lol

Last edited:
W
Nov 27, 2007
H1N1 (aka swine flu) isn't real anyway? I guess all the people (my kids included) that had 105 degree fevers for days were just playing.

Pretty sure H1N1 is REAL, not likely the doomsday event everyone was predicting, but for dang sure will make you sick. Oh and to all you 25-40 year old healthy guys--that's who's dyin'. Cheers with my seasonal flu shot and H1N1 if it's available and I haven't gotten the real deal!

I'm 28 years old... Guess I better not leave my house because I am most likely to die from the big nasty H1N1!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear your kids got sick tho. When I was a kid and we got bad fevers and puked everywhere it was just called the flu. My how times change.

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
no you would be wrong....

Yah, that is true... though really how far are you going to take that point of view... oops slipped off the slope..

As to H2SNOW not getting the shot.. LMAO..

Dude, you only see like 5 people (your family), a couple of horses and a Moose all year long, why would you get the shot? lol

I see lots ..apparently I am in trucking so kinda like airline industry ....town to town ...city to city ..lots of potential exposure ...but I would rather eat well ,,, drink even more ;) and let my own immune system do what it is supposed to do....:face-icon-small-hap

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I see lots ..apparently I am in trucking so kinda like airline industry ....town to town ...city to city ..lots of potential exposure ...but I would rather eat well ,,, drink even more ;) and let my own immune system do what it is supposed to do....:face-icon-small-hap

Yah, sure it is... LMAO! Yah, trucking is really similar to the airline industry...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
With unemployment being such a booming industry at the moment, I'm sure you're busy as heck engineering new unemployment offices!!?? LOL

Nope, busy keeping the lights on.....

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
Yah, sure it is... LMAO! Yah, trucking is really similar to the airline industry...

see ...if you woulda had your sign I would not have posted something soooo hard for you to figure out .......

ah hem !

one day I am in Edmonton cruising around loading talking and interacting with all types ...36 hours later and 3 zones I am doing the same thing in reverse ..

maybe a little anthrax in a bag might change your thinking ....now go find a rope and piss up it ....preferably in the wind :D

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Life expectancy rates are lower now than years ago?

they are lower compared to people that spend less money on care...

we spend our money, and lots and lots of it, and yet our life expectancy rates are not what they should be... Hence we are doctoring ourselves to death...

As to now compared to a few years ago... I would say yes, they are higher now. Though, I heard an interesting report that people actually live longer during recessions then during boom periods...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
see ...if you woulda had your sign I would not have posted something soooo hard for you to figure out .......

ah hem !

one day I am in Edmonton cruising around loading talking and interacting with all types ...36 hours later and 3 zones I am doing the same thing in reverse ..

maybe a little anthrax in a bag might change your thinking ....now go find a rope and piss up it ....preferably in the wind :D

Yah, keep trying to make it similar ha ha..

So you go from one place and see like 5 people on your way to another place, then you go back again. In the mean time you spend all your time in your truck in isolation at your home, in isolation.

You don't get the point, it isn't about distances traveled that are the issue. It is the amount of people that you interact with during a day, and how many those people interact with, and .... you get the idea.

That is the whole point about worrying about schools and hospitals. Lots of people in and out of both, and they have effects on lots and lots of people.

For example, I know when my bosses kids are sick, cause I am sick a month later, after he gets it, then gives it to me......

You trying to make your little world sound pretty big, huh? Sure it is bud, sure...

Premium Features