• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fish lake looking for riding buddies

B
Oct 27, 2012
Bought a cabin about 10min from fish lake near coles corner. Looking for people to ride with as my brother who I normally ride with works weekends.

2012 Pro RMK 163

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
The wife and I LOVE their trail network and maintenance program over there.

Even with last years sparse snow cover, the groomers did the best they could with what they had to work with.

The grooming, marking, and best of all...reporting, are all top notch year after year.

I tell any sledders that'll listen this too.

Just wish it were a little closer and that we could find reasonably priced accomodations over there when we go :-(

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Congrats on the cabin!

Powderminer got fat, well out of shape (was already fat) and gets stuck all the time. If you are in great shape, never get stuck (unless it is to make him look good) are willing to get his sled unstuck (while telling him it was not really stuck (just in an extreme position), and can put up with his constant bs about any and everything... then you might want to get a hold of him:) Oh yea, a trick is to bring high quality smoked fish or custom blended booze :face-icon-small-win.

I hope to be over tomorrow night through the rest of the year. The weather forecast looks good!

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Anyone know where we can camp with our cabover truck camper (and preferably ride out of) during the winter months?

I talked to Forest Rangers and they're telling me we cant camp at the Snoparks unfortunately. :face-icon-small-sad

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Anyone know where we can camp with our cabover truck camper (and preferably ride out of) during the winter months?

I talked to Forest Rangers and they're telling me we cant camp at the Snoparks unfortunately. :face-icon-small-sad

Midway grocery has RV hookups
(509) 525-1506 (edited)
midwayvillagegrocery.com

There are trails to the snow park and trail system from there.

Last edited:

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Midway grocery has RV hookups
(509) 763-3344
midwayvillagegrocery.com

There are trails to the snow park and trail system from there.

I tried and tried and tried over a three day period to get a hold of them via telephone (both numbers), left voicemail, sent e-mail...etc.

No answers...finally a few days later I get a text on my phone asking what I wanted?

Was told all cabins are full, RV spaces are available unless they get a lot of snow, then they cant guarantee they will be usable even when reserved?

I can only surmise business must be REALLY good right now due to their prime location, because their customer service is horrible, no other way to put it.

I'm sorry if that offends anyone due to friendship, relation, etc...but honestly, this is no way to run a business.

I ended up reserving a spot at 59er Diner/RV Park down the road by the main highway, which unfortunately means we'll have to trailer back and forth to the trailhead.

But, at least they have a reservation system, maintained RV spots with full hook ups, and they answer their phones promptly. :face-icon-small-hap

D

Duvall Dean

Nov 8, 2003
Wenatchee, Wa.
Lake Wenatchee has a great trail system and there are a few open spots and hill climbs that you'll find if you "explore"
I get up that way once in a while and know some "secret places" that I would be happy to pass the torch as it were of
my spots that I have found from riding there for 15 years.

so PM me you want a tour of my spots and I will get up there and lead the way. extra fuel may be required
one of the places is a ways away. It'll be super fun and no charge hehehehehe
DD

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Sorry to hear that Vincent... That number must have been bad
509-525-1506 I will edit above.

They seem to be a little short handed.

I am glad you found a place. It would be nice to ride from where you stay, but only a few miles to the snow park.

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am

I never asked the FS, 5 of us camped in the Snow park by the air strip two years ago, worst they could do is throw you out. I do believe over night's used to be allowed at that that park. You can ride out from there, make sure you go to the park west of the Lake Wenatchee recreation Club.

Premium Features