• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FEELER: My 153 HCR Track for your 141

T
Oct 25, 2010
New England
Hello,

I am posting a feeler as I’m thinking about converting my 09 M8 HCR to a 141” track from the original 153”. I am using it for East Coast hill drags and hill climbs where we don’t usually have a straight shot up the mountain and the terrain is always groomed. The 153 is overkill and doesn’t corner like I would like it to. I would like to do an even trade. My 153 rails and track for yours. My track paddles have been cut down to 1.75” from the original 2.25” and it has been studded with Woody’s 1.875” carbide competition studs. It has one double backer with 2 studs in each row. I realize that this is a single ply track. I spoke with multiple Woody’s reps before studding and they all said this is very common and that using Double Backers I shouldn’t have a problem. So far I haven’t and it has been working great. The track does have 2 missing lugs but those were missing before I cut it down. This is the ULTIMATE ditch banging track setup. It still has enough paddle to power through the deep snow and hooks up great on the hard pack trails. I will take the studs out if you don't want them as well. You will need tunnel protectors to run the studs.

Send me a message with what you’ve got and we can discuss going forward if you’re interested. I don’t expect your track to be studded however I’m not interested unless the paddle is 1.5” or taller.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Premium Features