• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

F150 Heated seats not working

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
2012 Lariat
When turning on heated seat (driver or passenger) the switch lights up as normal, but seat fan comes on (as if the cooling were turned on).
Anyone else been through this?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
No. The seat heaters in my '12 Lariat have only let me down once. I replaced the element and game on. Just used them last night on my way back from a trail clearing function.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
I had that problem in an 11. replacing the filter under the seat fixed the driver side. Passenger side needed an element.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I had that problem in an 11. replacing the filter under the seat fixed the driver side. Passenger side needed an element.
Where is this filter located?
Did they both go south at the same time?
That's what has me confused.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
Where is this filter located?
Did they both go south at the same time?
That's what has me confused.

On an 11, there's a round air filter under the seat that spins out. the drivers side was crapped up and not allowing air flow. The dash switch would click on and off on the drivers (bad filter) side, however it never heated until I replaced it. Once there was airflow the seat heated normally. Two weeks later the passenger seat quit heating and I replaced the filter which did nothing. Next was the element which fixed it. In both cases you could hear the fans working, but no heat in the seats. It was weird they both went bad at the same time for different reasons.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That is weird.
This is how mine are acting.
I rarely drive it, so I haven't investigated the possibilities I have found on the web.
Will report when I do.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Use your multi-meter to test for resistance across the element before yarding them out. The plug should be in the back of the seat so you can get to it by unzipping up a corner I believe. Filters and low batteries take a different meter! ;)

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
This search led to weak battery.
This could have been my issue, as truck sat for at least a month between uses. Battery may have been low.

[/URL]
This appears to be it.
Drove it yesterday and let it run for awhile before turning seats on to ensure battery was not low and both driver and passenger seats worked fine.
It appears low voltage was the problem.
Will reply again if I learn otherwise.

Premium Features