• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ez-ryde ??

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
I have an "older" 2006 or 07 version. Bought it used. It has rear wheels that are out at the sides of the track. I would like to update it to the two inner wheels like the new suspensions have. Can this be done? I have not talked to them about it yet.... But I was hoping for any pros/cons of people the may have done this already.
Thanks for any info:beer;:D

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I have an "older" 2006 or 07 version. Bought it used. It has rear wheels that are out at the sides of the track. I would like to update it to the two inner wheels like the new suspensions have. Can this be done? I have not talked to them about it yet.... But I was hoping for any pros/cons of people the may have done this already.
Thanks for any info:beer;:D

I have one in my shop right now, let me take a look at it tomorrow when I get back in, I don't think it would be too hard.

Probably something you could do with a trip to the hardware store/bearing shop.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have the 2007 vintage which I put under an 151 xrs. I bought a mountain machines freedom axle and put 2 wheels on the inside. I had to file the two plates so they would fit inside the rails.I would assume they have it milled right now. It works good. Havn't rode a new ez but I can't imagine there is any difference. I would love to try one with z broz shocks. I think it is by far the best suspension out there.

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
I have the 2007 vintage which I put under an 151 xrs. I bought a mountain machines freedom axle and put 2 wheels on the inside. I had to file the two plates so they would fit inside the rails.I would assume they have it milled right now. It works good. Havn't rode a new ez but I can't imagine there is any difference. I would love to try one with z broz shocks. I think it is by far the best suspension out there.

I agree. It's just fine with the two outer wheels. Maybe I just want it too look more modern:eek::beer;

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Ya I converted mine, pretty easy. But some lathe time was necessary to shorten the spacers and the axle. build some caps for the ends of the axle to tighten it. and the adjusters got moved to the middle.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
The new skid is very similar to older models. IRC the swingarm is slightly shorter and for turbo set ups they typically make the front shock a bit shorter as well. Originally they designed the skid to work on sleds for a maximum amount of hp say 200hp as even 8 years ago very few sleds where 200+. Now that there are alot of sleds 250+hp sleds the older skid had to be tightened to reduce ratcheting. In short, the new skid is supposed to help reduced ski lift and minimize ratcheting/track tension.

This is what I was told. I put on the new 09 skid in the spring and have zero seat time. After a few rides I will let you know how it works.

GL

Premium Features