• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust valve fix for Turbo XP by Turbo Performance

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Turbo Xp exhaust valve fixes are avaliable if you would like them. We have over 5000 miles on 5 different sleds now with out one bellow failure. That says that it is time to realese it. It is a very simple concept. We are getting a ton of emails and pm's on this.

On the Turbo xp's we were seeing bellows not holding up to the boost. Bellows blowing apart, Spring wraps not holding, and Vaccume loss happening. So we just disected the system and found that there was a problem that needed to be fixed. I will try and explain this if i can.

A xp has two solenoids that control the exhaust valves. One is a vaccume solinoid and on is a pressure soleinoid. They are controlled by the ecu and have a big effect on the performance of the motor. They normally work off of 3-6 psi of pressure.

1 = when the engine is off the solinoids are off making the gillotine valves partally open.

2= When the motor is idiling and running up to 6500 rpms then the vaccume soleinoid is on and the pressure solenoid is off. Causing the gillotines to be vaccumed into the cylinders and making throtle response amazing. So for mountain riding this is a must. On and off, on and off. This is were the problem starts. We are making 10 psi of boost before the soleinoid is shutting off

3 = when the motor hits 6200 rpm to 7900 rpm then vaccume silenoid shuts off and the pressure side is still off. All our boost is bleed off it the atmoshere. No problem here.

4 = when your motor hits 7900 then the pressure solenoid switches on and causes the gillotines to open in the cylinders. Here is the big problem. You have 10 psi of boost hitting these bellows Very fast and very hard. (remember that they were only made to handle 3-6 psi.) So just like a ballon they pop sky high. Causing all sorts of engine problems.

this is were our exhaust valve fix comes into play. It releses the extra pressure so the bellows and gilotines work off of 3-6 psi. Making throttle response and the exhaust valves work as a stock machine.

Now you can save your gas mileage, have reliablity back, rideability back and top notch performance.

Now i am not trying to start any fights or debates here. Everyone has there opinions. Just stating what we found and what is working. The kit is avaliable on our website and they are in stock. www.turboboyz.com

We also have valve elimination kits but i think that performance, fuel milege, and throttle reponse is robbed.

Premium Features