• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge clutching

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
running almond round in primary/black purple secondary
places to buy slp/carls/dealer/ rod= oregon800 here on forums(good guy good prices)

as for clutch set up it all depends on riding style/hp/track/weight ect. if you have a specific sled then people will help dial you in :D

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Yep what size mptor, elevation and any mods to the motor? pipes reeds, porting, team or buttopn sec? ect with out that it's ahot in the dark

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
well i'm not sure if 03 700 had team secondary?
heres the deal clutching is a art or at least a trial/error situation
i'm now running mtx weights they offer adjustibility by moving rivets/adding or removing weight but you have to be willing to go out and try then make a change and so on

its very hard to give you solid info that will rip but here's a few tips
1 i see your in washington so that usually means heavier snow so back shift is very key i would try a little stiffer rear secondary spring than stock

2 as for the almond round sping its very popular and works well over all

3 theres some things to think about does your sled pull the rpm it should?
(7900-8000) also does it hold rpm in a hard climb?

4 have you geared down? i think you should (19-39or19-41)unless you drag race alot

5 hows your clutch alignment (do you go thru belts fast)

6 how many miles on clutches are they in good working order?

now you can see why people are saying we need more info to give you help need all the puzzle pieces

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Almond= slightly higher engagement vs stock.
My rec....and you will get alot of them....140/300 SLP spring, 10-62's (maybe 10-60's higher) , Team 54/38.46 helix w/red/black spring a 2 Delrin washers, 19/39 gears.

Premium Features