• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Driver walking on the shaft?

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I never really work on these before. Is there something to keep them in place or it stays there because of the fit?

I always have the weird stuff
a7c936d26a3eaf58c0b321b81e41bd4f.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

T
Apr 3, 2019
I noticed mine was off center, not as far as yours. I pulled it out and pressed it back to center, its been staying all winter.

B
Feb 19, 2019
I was checking track alignment the other day and noticed my center driver had walked. Mine is the hex shaft as well. I was able to tap it back center but I’m curious if this is a known issue on the Polaris hex shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
I had a track and driveshaft replaced under warranty in 16 for this problem. Was on a 16 Axys. Track would ride against one side of the tunnel and started to tear up the side of the track.

B
Feb 19, 2019
That’s interesting. Mine is a 16 as well and I already had to replace the track for other premature wear. Do you recall if your whole shaft was walking or if it was all three drivers walking on the shaft?

I’m wondering if there was tolerance issues at some point with the driver to shaft fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features