• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo Cap... Any real world testing yet??????

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Well the "pfffff" noise happened to me with my xps cap. But i filled last time cold and put in a warm garage so it could have been air rushing out....

Anyone else notice the valve is surrounded in oil all the time?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Well the "pfffff" noise happened to me with my xps cap. But i filled last time cold and put in a warm garage so it could have been air rushing out....

Anyone else notice the valve is surrounded in oil all the time?

The Doo cap and Duckbill vent, by design, is a one way valve (check valve) and will not let anything exit, it is an enter only design. So yes if you filled and capped it in the cold, and ran it into a warm space. It will exhale the thermal volumetric difference when the cap is cracked / unseated. If there is any doubt look at the tank before touching the cap; is it bloated and ballooned out or is it shrunk and tight? That is the best indicator.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
The only time mine has made noise is when I trailered my sled from Togwotee back home to Wisconsin. With the Polaris cap the noise was there every time for me.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Just did a 60 mile ride. Burnt 3/4 of a tank... About 32 liters. I filled my oil and burnt .7 liters. With my calculations thats about 45:1

But... Filling with gas will make that more accurate.

Last edited:
Premium Features