• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference between regular and react

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Was wondering if shocks off regular AXYS would fit on a new react ft end
The 16-18 shocks are longer. They would probably "work" but you would have increased ski pressure and front ride height. Would not recommend. If you go react, get the correct shocks.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The 16-18 shocks are longer. They would probably "work" but you would have increased ski pressure and front ride height. Would not recommend. If you go react, get the correct shocks.

If you do that you would want to install shorter Pro-Ride spindles. I ran the shorter spindles on the 2016 AXYS with stock suspension so I know it works and lightens the steering.. I liked it as I was coming off a ProRide. Later I put the longer spindles back on and just got used to them.

Last edited:

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Most economical route is to have a good shock shop shorten the travel of the factory shocks by installing a spacer inside that reduces the full extension, to the appropriate REACT length. I think it was 1/2", but don't remember for sure. Then buy REACT length shocks when you find the right ones for the right money.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
I can tell you from experience that the regular Axys clicker shocks will bolt up on the react and give the front a little lift.
The real surprise comes when you get the skis off the snow in a climb and the steering locks in place until a ski touches again.

I talked to carl's about cutting down my clickers for me but they discourage it. They said I would lose travel and they recommended having them re-valve the stock mono's.

800dragon_rmk

Dec 3, 2007
Dawson creek B.C, Canada
What is the cause of the steering locking up when the skis are off the ground? This happened to me with react front raptor shocks

I can tell you from experience that the regular Axys clicker shocks will bolt up on the react and give the front a little lift.
The real surprise comes when you get the skis off the snow in a climb and the steering locks in place until a ski touches again.

I talked to carl's about cutting down my clickers for me but they discourage it. They said I would lose travel and they recommended having them re-valve the stock mono's.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Take 'em to a shock guy and have them put in a 1/2 spacer that reduces full extension length by 1/2". Easy, economical, works great or ate least as good as the WE's can work - I later upgraded to Fox Floats - but no issue with shock length when shortened to React length)

BTW - I did this with the SC WE Clickers.

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Not sure about the fitment of shocks. But I can tell you I put the react front end on my 2016 Axys last year. The difference is night and day better and you won't be disappointed. When I switched back to a sled comparable to mine in stock form, I fully realized how much less effort the new set up takes to carve and play. Its a huge improvement.

Premium Features