• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Did anyone have good luck with the BD turbo

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Anyone have a clutch set up for a 09 m8 pump gas turbo or am I going to have to by a $350 clutch kit from boondocker. Also what rpm do they perform at.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
M7 pump gas

I have not done a pump gas on a 7.

I know this is not what you want to hear but the M8 is the very best sled to turbo. Mainly because of porting and detonation sensor. M7 are selling very well and you can pick up an M8 very reasonable. I have been selling M7 for around 5 and you can buy a used 07 M8 for 6000

Yeah, I was just wondering on starting numbers for the new BD kit (pump gas) for a M7.I was also just wondering if you have installed the new style BD kit on a M7. Basically wondering if you had any snow time with the new pump setup for a 7.

BD may have a decent kit for the M8 now but I just wonder about the M7, as I'm sure they spent most of the RD time with the 8 and not a 7 (since its "old tech.") These sleds are like computers anymore. seems like the M7's (from what i've read) were a little more finicky than the 8's

Thanks for the info

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
BD Clutching

Anyone have a clutch set up for a 09 m8 pump gas turbo or am I going to have to by a $350 clutch kit from boondocker. Also what rpm do they perform at.

09 M8 Pump Gas Clutching
Secondary 36/46 Helix with stock orange spring
Titanium Drive Spring 170/260
80 gram Arctic Cat Weights
046 Belt
Engine RPM 7900-8100

This setup was tested by Jared Sessions and Brett Rasmussen on the 09 M8, Thanks Diann

Last edited:
L
Feb 6, 2008
bonney lake wa.
so safetybob how dose this all work i live in western washington im thinking of doing your m8 pump gas kit!
i dont want to do the set up/install can i just bring you the sled and pick it up l8tr..
im thinking of after this season just woundering.

layton

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
Yeah Kevin that is what I was wondering, about the 7 v. the 8. Maybe you'd have better luck selling the sled than I would. I've had it in the swap and can't seem to get rid of it. The problem with going to the 8 is that I'm not a fan of the 07's and 08's, these 09's look pretty good though. Maybe you'd give me a good deal on a trade since I got the m7 from ya :).

Wish I could afford a new one. Thanks for the info that related to my post.

This tread Hijacking bs is getting bad on this site.

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Yeah Kevin that is what I was wondering, about the 7 v. the 8. Maybe you'd have better luck selling the sled than I would. I've had it in the swap and can't seem to get rid of it. The problem with going to the 8 is that I'm not a fan of the 07's and 08's, these 09's look pretty good though. Maybe you'd give me a good deal on a trade since I got the m7 from ya :).

Wish I could afford a new one. Thanks for the info that related to my post.

This tread Hijacking bs is getting bad on this site.

Sorry about the hijacking, i will have Junior get a hold of you to discuss putting a turbo on the m7. His name on here is savedbygrace, you are also welcome to come into the shop, if you need anything else let me know, Thanks Diann

I
Oct 3, 2001
New Meadows ID
Thanks Diann, sounds like you guys have or are currently improving the customer service @ BD. Good to hear. Sounds like a good kit for this year. How are the instructions;)? If I wasn't so far from your shop and diesel wasn't 4.50 a gallon I might make a trip. I might have to for a turbo install :) We'll see.

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Can a pump gas m8 kit run more boost if race gas is mixed say 50\50. If yes are there mods to the system needed and what is the max boost with race gas and stock injectors. Thanks

Premium Features