• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond S titanium exhaust installation advice?

D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
Heading into this over the weekend and was wondering what's the easiest way to go about it?
Seems like guys are varying how many things they are removing to get the job done.
Any help would be gladly appreciated. I've done several other sleds (NA 850 Axys, Sidewinders etc) and have all the tools needed including a couple of different versions of spring tools.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'm assuming this is for a turbo? There is nothing hard about it. Couple more steps than an NA but definitely not anymore difficult. You reuse all the doughnuts.

D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
Yes for a turbo. Based on an earlier thread it sounded like some guys had struggled with it.

D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
Pulled the 4 springs off the turbo and was able to wiggle the stock can out.
Wasn't too bad, but an extra set of hands is extremely helpful.

Diamond S silencer.jpg

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If you remove the waste gate actuator it helps a lot.
There is a locating pin on the actuator bracket that installs into a hole on the overstructure for proper location.

Just did mine. Loosend the hose clamps to the turbo and took the exhaust springs off and wiggled the OEM muffler out. It barely comes out as it has to lift high enough to get over the locating pin on the back side of the muffler. A couple of adult beverages and some swear words and easy peasy. Sure does look pretty and sound good. Sled ran really good as well. The other day was DEEP!

IMG_1575.jpg IMG_1644.jpg

D

dsimon900kk

Mar 10, 2008
It's difficult to see back there, but getting it up and over the pin is the hard part.

Premium Features