• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swapping turbo sidekick off ‘19 850 to my new ‘21 Kahos advice

sierra sleder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2008
Montana
Looking for advice from others who have removed a Boondocker sidekick turbo off one sled and installed it on their new sled. What are some parts that the older sled is going to need to be replaced with etc. So I have a 2019 Polaris Axys with 2019 boondocker sidekick turbo kit and I’m looking at removing this kit and installing it in my new snow check 2021 kahos 165. Talked to Boondocker and they said it will install on new sled. I was running the original (version 1) mapping/tune from boondocker which was to run 50/50 pump gas and av gas because it ran so good and never had problems so I just stayed with it. Stock head, No cut head (Colorado or Idaho head). I also had the tunnel dump deep snow exhaust on the 19 Axys so I already got the Block off/hole cover plate from boondocker to cover up the cut hole. I suspect I’m going to need to do some clutching kits/work for both sleds and probably buy a exhaust can for the old sled. What else should I consider when having dealer do the turbo swap on the sleds?

Premium Features