• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer trade-in

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Does anyone know of an arctic cat dealer in ND, MT, MN or SD that will take a turbo'd sled on trade? I know I won't get as much trading but don't want to go through the hassle.

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Dealer

People will take it on trade your just not going to like the numbers. My Ski-doo dealer in Gillette Takes them. I am sure our Cat dealer would as well. BUt I am guessing youll be lucky to get 7 trade and that lucky mind you.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I tried to trade my 2010 TM8, most just lowballed me so I sold it myself.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Does anyone know of an arctic cat dealer in ND, MT, MN or SD that will take a turbo'd sled on trade? I know I won't get as much trading but don't want to go through the hassle.

You could try Planet Powersports in Mandan. I know they run some turbo sleds out of there and may be interested but I'm not guaranteeing anything. I think your best bet is to sell it out right or pull the turbo off and sell them individually.

mountainsnopro

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Flagstaff AZ
I would call Jeff at Dakota Performance in Wishek ND (looks like your in ND) He builds and sells quite a few turbo sleds. He has always been very fair and a straight shooter with me.:face-icon-small-coo

A

arcticmat

Nov 23, 2008
Tea SD
Try to talk to Travis at Track2Trail in Sioux Falls. Cool guy and doesn't seem to mind any performance sleds.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Try to talk to Travis at Track2Trail in Sioux Falls. Cool guy and doesn't seem to mind any performance sleds.

I was going to suggest the same! Just through email correspondence seems like a cool guy and definitely has used performance sleds, especially race sleds and some big bores. Seems like a good guy to talk to!

-Stack

S
Dec 8, 2008
Eagle Point, Oregon
Either you have so much money that is doesn't matter or you Have no time. If it is the first it doesn't matter. However if it is the latter, have you thought about consignment? Some dealers will consign on percentage or dollar figure. Have you thought about paying someone to sell it for you?
Really Craigslist is a quick easy way to sell a sled during the season as long as it is not overpriced. Just thoughts, as opposed to giving a dealer all your monies. Nothing against dealers, I know they have to make theirs.

Premium Features