• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cylinder down

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
So I have a cylinder not running. Stopped working and had to ride it out on one cylinder. Figured out it was mag side not running. Plug was sparking but no fuel. Got home and check engine light is saying mag injector failure. Going to order new injectors. Any ideas how to order yellow injectors? I don’t want to have my ecu reflashed? Do you just order injectors and you get whatever?

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
After looking through the internet, looks like you can only get the yellow now. Guessing they are all yellow now?

Polaris superceded the blue/red with yellow. You cannot buy blue injectors anymore, only yellow. There was actually blue/red/yellow used in 2011-2012? until they settled on the yellow as the best. The ecm has to match the injectors (they can be reprogramed for yellow.)

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Neremind. Just found some Red used injectors for a 2020 850 so I guess you can still get all the colors? I just want the yellow injectors new from factory but not sure how to spec that color?

Last edited:
T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Hooked up power to injector and found there was a short somewhere in the harness or the injector? Also found out you cannot order specific colors. Called around until a dealer could tell me what color they had. Carls Cycle is shipping me the yellow injectors.

Premium Features