• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

crossed thumb warmer blow something??

S
Dec 8, 2007
Saskatchewan
just wired in a new aftermarket thumb warmer and I didn't have the wiring diagram so I wired it the same as my aftermarket hand warmers, they work on high but when I put them on low all electrical in the sled cuts out, turn them to high or off and all is well again, so I went for a ride and now my sled cuts out once in a while,doesn't die just wants time die for a second, I think only at low rpm or when I let off the gas, and this is with the thumb warmer off, any ideas? I'm gonna unplug my tss next time out, could I have wrecked the ecu? a couple years ago my gauge was cutting out when the handwarmers shorted out but there was never any lasting effects,
sled is a 2010 m8 sno pro, also at the same time I put my second new primary on in 2970 mile s:-( and new plugs, but it is a electrical problem for sure

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Thumb warmer

Mine went out also, but the plug melted also. I wanted change out, so talked to a Cat dealer about it. He said don't ever use aftermarket warmers, just Cats. He didn't give me an answer why. I would check out your wiring harness to make sure it is OK. I ended up replacing the harness. It was around $100 with warmer.

Premium Features