• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crooked Creek Auction

L

lookin4snow

Jan 10, 2008
Lodi, WI
There was another thread discussing that Togwotee Mountain Lodge was sold, and in that thread someone posted that Crooked Creek was up for auction. I did a little Google searching and found the advertisement for the auction, which I copied below. I also saw that they had it listed with a real estate broker out of Jackson Hole for $3.5M. Wonder if it sold? Could be significant changes for riding on Togwotee Pass next year.

Wyoming Crooked Creek Guest Ranch offered at auction
Cheyenne -

Crooked Creek Guest Ranch, a year-round mountain retreat, will sell at auction on Tuesday, July 1st, 11 a.m. on site. J. P. King Auction Company, one of the nation’s leading auction marketing firms specializing in high-luxury properties will manage the sale of the ranch.

“Cooked Creek Guest Ranch is the outdoor enthusiasts’ playground,” said Craig King, president & CEO of J. P. King. “The area offers an abundant amount of trout fishing in numerous lakes and streams, horseback riding through varied terrain and panoramic views throughout this beautiful area.”

Crooked Creek Guest Ranch is perched high above Dubois, Wyoming. It is only 80 miles east of Jackson Hole and at the south entrance of Yellowstone National Park. Comfortably spread on 19± acres of the Wind River Mountain Range, the mountain retreat is nestled next to the Shoshone National Forest and the Continental Divide Trail. Crooked Creek offers guests hundreds of miles of trails to explore and fascinating sights of the Absarokas, Wind River Range, Gros Ventre Range and more.

"The last seven years at the ranch have been wonderful, but it's time to move on to a new adventure,” said owner Michael Fjetland. “I chose the auction method, as it permits me to sell my property on my timetable and the ability to market to potential new buyers.”

Crooked Creek Guest Ranch (Parcel 1):

- Crooked Creek is a fully furnished turn key operation. It provides a variety of log cabin style lodging and accommodations to choose from. Seven individual one-story cabins, 4 individual one-story kitchenette cabins, 5 individual two-story cabins and an additional 5 room lodging facility allow up to 94 guests.

- Staff housing is located above the 5 room lodge that includes a living room, kitchen area and wash-dryer space along with housekeeper’s laundry room with storage and workspace. In addition, there are three spacious horse corrals, a tack shed, six individual corrals and a large barn area for storage.

- In proximity to all accommodations, guests can relax and enjoy the Crooked Creek Restaurant and Lounge. The restaurant has plentiful space with vaulted ceilings, rustic fireplace and offers a full service kitchen, dining room, seating area, pool tables, cozy bar and more. The lodge is attached to a 944± sq. foot outdoor deck with a hot tub and relaxing patio setting.

- Crooked Creek Main office accommodates business and guest correspondence including reservations. The building also serves as a store that consists of drinks, snacks and resort clothing for purchase. The upstairs area office is 196± sq. ft. and also includes private bath for staff quarters.

- A Skidoo® dealership offers guests full service of their top-of-the-line snowmobile rentals, which is available to the buyer. Twenty five 2009 Skidoo® snowmobiles are available to purchase. Yearly guests have the opportunity to sled the Rockies by traveling through Wyoming, Montana and Idaho including exploring the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. The Continental Divide Snowmobile Trail features 592 miles of groomed snowmobile trails through 2 national parks and 3 states.

Two home sites (Parcels 2 and 3).

- Two wooded home sites with incredible views will be selling. Parcel 2 contains 3.7± acres and Parcel 3 has 2.8± acres.

Premier log home (Parcel 4)

- Guests can experience the ultimate luxury of mountain living in the 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath log home with office on 1.90± acres. The private retreat is on a cul-de-sac and has exceptional mountain views. The home features vaulted ceilings, open loft with pool table and fireplace, wet bar, hardwood floors, jetted tub, eat-in kitchen, study, deck and 3 total fireplaces.

Log home (Parcel 5)

- Adjoined with the Crooked Creek property is a 2 story log home that sits on 1.5± acres. The home has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath and rustic features throughout making it the perfect full-time residence or second-home getaway. The amenities include a fireplace, hardwood floors, deck and wood stove. The home overlooks a trout pond.

Individuals interested in more information about the upcoming sale may contact J.P. King at (800) 558-5464 or visit the company’s web site at www.jpking.com.

Y

yardfarmer

Jul 30, 2004
Sw Iowa
Thier has been alot of activity in wyoming resort market. Do you think owners are getting out due to high fuel prices and vacationers traveling less.

Skidoox600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yes there has.. I know Arrowhead Lodge in the Bighorns to Bear Lodge Resort. They own two of 3 major resorts in the northern horns.. Makes me wonder..

B
Nov 27, 2007
Crooked Creek Sold!

Was out in Wy a week ago, we have a home in the CC subdivision. From what I gather the ranch was sold at auction, working out the details at this time. I guess the bar and eating lodge will be closed, maybe ranch will be turned into a time share? Should throw more bus. over to the Line Shack.
We also rent our home, 3 bd. 2 baths, full mod. kit.:)

W
Aug 13, 2008
1st hand knowledge says Fjetlands are keeping the CROOKED CREEK resort open. The hopeful buyers couldnt come up with the cash.This will be better for the area.::)

Last edited:
W
Aug 13, 2008
was out in wy a week ago, we have a home in the cc subdivision. From what i gather the ranch was sold at auction, working out the details at this time. I guess the bar and eating lodge will be closed, maybe ranch will be turned into a time share? Should throw more bus. Over to the line shack.
We also rent our home, 3 bd. 2 baths, full mod. Kit.:)
crooked creek is open and it is very enjoyable!!go see what they are up to this season??

W
Aug 13, 2008
was out in wy a week ago, we have a home in the cc subdivision. From what i gather the ranch was sold at auction, working out the details at this time. I guess the bar and eating lodge will be closed, maybe ranch will be turned into a time share? Should throw more bus. Over to the line shack.

bar, eating, and everything else is open and doing great.

W
Aug 13, 2008

crooked creek is now open. Hurry over for the surprise!

Premium Features