• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooke City Whittle Sled Report

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Mmmm. I remember a HOT fire, hot chocolate, wind burnt cheeks and wet socks sitting in front of that fire place. Good times. And then we had pizza, if I remember right.

lodge02.jpg

Last edited:
K
Dec 20, 2007
Riding Report 02/04/08

We rode yesterday and had one of those rare (for this winter) days with sunshine. The sky was mostly clear and conditions were great. We found some deep snow, especially out of the way and in the trees. There is so much untracked snow to be found and you don't even have to use that much imagination. We did go into some secret out of the way places though and if you check out the pictures on our website at:

http://www.cookecityantlerslodge.com/html/cooke_city_snow_conditions.htm

you will see that we (Bill believe it or not) found some trouble that took a little work to get out of. We all had a blast though and it will be one of those memorable days that brings us some laughs from time to time.

Come and ride Cooke City and make some great memories...

Take care and ride safe.

Oh, almost forgot...more (looks like significant) snow in the forecast for the next few days!!

Kay Whittle:beer;:):beer;

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Hey, Billy, looks like you are enjoying that XP, so give me your honest opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should I get one???

K
Dec 20, 2007
Hey, Billy, looks like you are enjoying that XP, so give me your honest opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should I get one???

It's the best stock sled out of the box, I've owned to date. I ride an average 5 days a week. They have had there issues like all new sleds, but it's nothing were not use to figuring out. It handles really good, but just like the rev you have to give it time and learn how to ride it. and then you won't go back. So ya, get one.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
hey bill
we are coming to Cooke Feb 29 and this is are second time there!!are first trip there was new years and we found that are choice for food was not great!! this time i hope to eat better and i see you have dinner? nobody told us we asked all over town about food!!so can you tell me whats on you menu and what time is food served too!!!IS IT GOOD!!

K
Dec 20, 2007
hey bill
we are coming to Cooke Feb 29 and this is are second time there!!are first trip there was new years and we found that are choice for food was not great!! this time i hope to eat better and i see you have dinner? nobody told us we asked all over town about food!!so can you tell me whats on you menu and what time is food served too!!!IS IT GOOD!!

Yes, we have a bar and restaurant in the lodge and we serve a FULL MENU (fill you up breakfast) from 7 am to 10 am and we open the dining room in at 5 pm and serve dinner until 8 pm (longer if it is busy). For breakfast, we have pretty normal stuff, just about anything you want and for dinner, from the grill, we have great grilled burgers, sandwiches and we have specials on Friday and Saturday nights. Our specials can be chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes & gravy, homemade spaghetti and garlic toast, slow cooked barbecue ribs, etc. We also make a great homemade pizza you should try. So...stop in and give us a try, we will take good care of you.

Bill & Kay:)

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
mmmmmmmmm

mmmmm i love good pizza!!is the pizza only dinner hours? or can get later after few bevys?lol you will see us for dinner!!cant wait for deep pow and pizza in the evening!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Eat their pizza. Mmmm, it was good. I think they had just gotten a new oven when we were there and they were all over the pizza thing.

K
Dec 20, 2007
mmmmm i love good pizza!!is the pizza only dinner hours? or can get later after few bevys?lol you will see us for dinner!!cant wait for deep pow and pizza in the evening!!

Great, we look forward to your visit. We normally serve dinner until 8 pm, but if you let me know ahead of time (if you need it a little later), I can do that. I just can't do it way late, because I need to get to bed at a decent time so I can get up and cook you a great breakfast and then go and enjoy some of that powder too!!:beer;:):beer;

Thanks!!

Kay

K
Dec 20, 2007
Another storm for Cooke!

Well, it is snowing again, and has been for the better part of yesterday and has been snowing all morning. We did not go out riding yesterday, but Bill went out for a short time in the afternoon to check it out. As of then, there was 6 to 8 inches of new, so one can only imagine what there is now. It is windy also, so the trees will be the best bet today. We are going out today and will post the snow report and pics on our website at www.cookecityantlerslodge.com.

Check it out!!

Thanks

Kay:beer;:):beer;

K
Dec 20, 2007
Riding Report 02/07/08

Hey, we are getting some more great snow here in Cooke, GOD I LOVE THIS WINTER!! It has been snowing on and off, mostly on, for two days. We rode yesterday and you can check out Bill's report and pics on our website at:

It has been snowing really hard all night, so the powder is going to be deep. As Bill mentions in his snow report from yesterday, the wind has been blowing, but if you ride in the trees, it is almost like it is not blowing at all. The snow is amazing and light, but with this wind, be cautious of where you are riding, the avalanche danger will be up there, check it out, there is a link to that report which is issued everyday, on our website also.

We are going out today again and will update the riding/snow report and send some pics your way!

Hope you had a great time in West Lester...and yes, this storm is hammering us!!

Take care and ride safe.

K
Dec 20, 2007
Riding Report 02/11/08

WOW!! It has been snowing nonstop and for the first time in a while, the sun came out today. We were riding in 3 plus feet of powder today and it was amazing. Check out Bill's report and pics on our website at:

As you will see, Bill makes mention of my brake lever breaking and that he had to ride my sled for the rest of the day with no brakes...well, that is true, because he can ride anything and I did not feel comfortable on the steep, treed slopes we were in, with no brakes, but wanted to make clear that for once, I did not do anything to break it, it broke on it's own. We rode with Rick, Brandon & Anthony today and when I told Rick that the lever just broke itself, he remarked that it was probably the 6 trees I hit before that, that caused it to break, haha...he is probably right! Anyway, it was a great ride, so check out the pics.

Take care and ride safe.

K
Dec 20, 2007
The snow is still amazing! We had two sunny days, yesterday and the day before and they were primo. It is snowing again today and has been since early, so more great riding in store for us. It looks like it will be nice between now and Wednesday and then another storm...sounds perfect!!

We hope you can make it here to enjoy some of our great snow. Remember to check out our website where you will get a hands on snow/riding report with some pics:

Take care and ride safe!!

Premium Features