• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooke City Pics 12-06-08

M
Nov 25, 2008
Savage, MN
Ride to cooke

We left the trailer and sleds there and will be driving (a car) or flying most of the season. Getting other sleds there is where the problem lies. Besides we gave a guy we didn't know very well a ride out before and I almost lost my mind, he wouldn't shut up and had nothing worth saying. Once finally there we discovered he was a serious novice and couldn't follow anywhere. It was a pain in the a$$. Maybe your cool but its a long drive to take that chance again blindly. We could meet up in Cooke and see what your all about and go from there... Sound fair?

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
I was kidding---I have a VERY nice truck alot of great riding friends and I hear ya loud and clear I would not ride 50miles with someone I didnt know!!hahaha

but cheers to ya and a beer for ya if I seeya in town

2 and half weeks till im out in cooke yehaaaww

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I just talked to Flatty and he is wondering if you are going west any time soon. I think it would be fun to meet you there and see if your good enough to talk sh!# about Anyone. Maybe you are the MAN in the steep and deep but lets find out. This will at least be good entertainment for the rest of us and maybe you'll be able to prove yourself worthy of the rips on McFlatty. Untill then behave yourself.:D

hey i would really like that. i've never been out west before can i tag along with you guys. maybe i can be in your movie. where is cooke anyways is that in canada? we got really deep snow here now so i have been practicing how to carve. i got stuck a couple times too.

Last edited:

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
geez mojo it sounds like you really have tender feelings. i have a bother inlaw like you. he buys a mountian sled puts some mods on it but won't climb with it just sits at the bottom and watches everyone else climb. maybe i can bring him along and you will have somrbody to talk with at the bottom

M
Nov 25, 2008
Savage, MN
Tender Feelings ???

Your talking about me having tender feelings?!? LOL. Your the one who started having some fun with flatty and he's not a member so I sign on and fire back a little and you wait like 4-5 days and then come back with some lame rip on me. Sounds like your the one of those guys who like to dish it out but can't take a little ball breakin back. Sorry if I got you all upset. Also I was just in nisswa on my way to Pine River and there is snow but not enough to get stuck, here's a tip, don't stop pointed up hill or maybe it's your setup???:eek:

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
Your talking about me having tender feelings?!? LOL. Your the one who started having some fun with flatty and he's not a member so I sign on and fire back a little and you wait like 4-5 days and then come back with some lame rip on me. Sounds like your the one of those guys who like to dish it out but can't take a little ball breakin back. Sorry if I got you all upset. Also I was just in nisswa on my way to Pine River and there is snow but not enough to get stuck, here's a tip, don't stop pointed up hill or maybe it's your setup???:eek:

i didn't see the post untill today other wise i would of posted sooner. i think your right it's my set up. 1990 polaris star 250 stretched out to a 133 5/8" lug track. i've been trying to track down a performance exhaust for it but no luck. i'am really stoked about my sled because last year i had a 1975 elan 250 that was super in the trees. due you think i will have to reclutch my star for the elevation? so can i go out to cooke with ya or what. maybe you can show me the ropes.

Last edited:
F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
um did you guys know that ther is snow on the ground???

thought we keep the bickering for the summer time fun.....

fisher creek snotel total 43 ---- yehaaaawww 2 weeks till cooke!!

also it looks ugly when two Minnesotans come on a Montana riding area and start talking crap!!!

Last edited:
M
Nov 25, 2008
Savage, MN
Two Weeks!!!

Two weeks in Cooke would be great! I hope the snow keeps falling for ya or it will be all tracked up by the time the hill races and Newyears crowd is done. I would enjoy two weeks of no cel. phone service so I guess it works either way. Don't forget Cooke is a BYOB (bring your own babe) kinda town.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
"ByoB" hahaha thats a gooder

well tracked up or not c ant wait to get back out ther but before that need to be in Tog on fri for a week of riding then off to Cooke!!!so save some snow for me

who needs a cell the internet works great all over Cooke hehehe

we were out in Cooke last year for the hill races and after 10 min at the race we hit the great pow and never seen anyone the rest of the weekend!!

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
111111.jpg

800Cat

Nov 27, 2007
Montana
Cant wait until I get back from the little visit in WI to get some riding in over the holidays. Hopefully landmine city AKA Round Lake gets it good so I dont have to drop another $500 on A-arms...

I know what you mean! My buddies trailing arms would like that alot better as well.

C
Dec 4, 2008
I just got back from Cooke..actually my sled is in that picture! The snow was decent but lots of rocks...9 sleds went into cooke and only 6 drove out on there own! They got about a foot this morning, if it keeps it up the snow will be great in a couple weeks.

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
geez mojo it sounds like you really have tender feelings. i have a bother inlaw like you. he buys a mountian sled puts some mods on it but won't climb with it just sits at the bottom and watches everyone else climb. maybe i can bring him along and you will have somrbody to talk with at the bottom

So your friend has a sled??? Well mojo just ride one of flattys so....other than that mojo and your bother in law are the same...sit and watch!!!;););) But my sled in down so I cant talk much, if I dident buy so many guns I could have money to fix it:confused:

M
Nov 25, 2008
Savage, MN
???

yea TTT, I'll keep ridin flattys sleds but trust me when I say IT AINT FREE!!! So you need a jug fixed and a piston, how much do you need to fix it?? I hear man whores get great pay and OK benefits. Just a suggestion:D

Premium Features