• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering turbo v3

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
fuel pressure

Rick at peak pulls fp from the pipe...I know he rides up to 13 k.

in and out with the box is a bitch right now, the runners are 1 inch long they may be getting cut down a tad. I was going to put the power jet right in the runner.

I am loving this project so far, finished oil tank last night looks sick will get some pictures up soon.

But still cant decide about fuel pressure reference, I like the concept of pipe pressure but I dont like the hot exhaust gasses in with the bellow and who runs it in the mountains? the nice thing about pipe pressure is it should never allow the sled to go lean (theoretically) the boost reference may allow it to go lean but no hot gasses and lots of people run this. Like I said before might set up for both and try both

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
k pipe pressure you guys convinced me.

Do I need to measure the fattest part of the pipe or just pick what I think looks like the fattest?

Just use a pipe thread fitting and stainless line, I would rather use rubber because it is easier but rubber may melt.

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
perfect method man just use the tubing and even coil a few turns for a cushion to vibration if you want.

like DNE did on the quad.

or a short run of tube then a rest in high temp rubber hose from napa. High pressre hose is usually the same stuff.

that dne quad would be in the march stuff this section back a ways if you want to see Curtis' application of it.. copper coils... nice. Doing the latest polaris triple turbo like Curtis Emery.

Gus

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I will just do a stainless line. hope fully get my flanges bov and wastegate soon then she will be ready for snow/ grass

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
bung

Just use a stainless brake line. You can build up weld on the pipe to tap it or punch out a tab to weld on so you have something for the threads to grab.

k pipe pressure you guys convinced me.

Do I need to measure the fattest part of the pipe or just pick what I think looks like the fattest?

Just use a pipe thread fitting and stainless line, I would rather use rubber because it is easier but rubber may melt.

FPR bung.jpg

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
ok now that I have everything figured out what boost levels can I run on what fuels at 6-8000ft with a 12.5:1 head and a thick base gasket (7 hole I think)

100% pump
50 pump/ 50av
50 pump/ 50 (112 oct)
100% av
100% (112 oct)

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
bump for the fuel question

still waiting on parts for this build....but

...I thought I should let you guys know I also bought a turbo m7 at haydays, ovs aerocharger kit, needs some tlc but its in decent shape. not a fan of the aero but from what I figure keep the boost down and it should be fine

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
at 6000' and 50/50, I was getting detonation @ 10lbs. Lowered to 8lbs and was fine. 8000' I can run same fuel mix up to 12 w/o problems, started to detonate again when I tried 14 but it sure was fun--split the pipe that day:)

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
ok sounds good 8psi on 50/50 is what I will need then I will tune it on that then turn it up once its all good.

I have had this done for a while but just though I should post it now
oiltank1built.jpg

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I dont know how this would work but what if I wanted for some reason to run with out the turbo, would I be able to just remove the turbo and run it with the electric fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator set around 3 or 4 and then atmosphere reference it?

also that sensor that goes in between the airbox's I think its an air temp sensor, where should I put that? just zip tie it up out of the way?

G
Apr 23, 2008
Why,, Yes and Yes too ..

You've got your head around this now man. Keep trucking.

I'll shoot ya some shots of the latest triple sat.. getting real close to dyno time/

Gus

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I ride 6,000' and up. once in awhile unload as low as 4,600'. Just don't hold it pined for any amount of time below 6000'. No reason too, and really cant on the trail ride in.
I ran 7.3lb spring and pump gas the first year. it would get the detonation sensor to go off once in awhile and just not run so great. I always ran non ethanol fuel from the same gas station. my buddy has a head and pipe on his xp. he would have problems on the same days. gas station would get some not so good gas once in awhile. So I started runing 1 gallon of 107 motor octane fuel every fill up and no more problems.
Last year I mixed my own gas at home. I have 3 or 4 five gallon containers so I would mix 30% 107 motor octane fuel with premium non ethanol. I mixed at home to make sure the percentage of 107 and pump was always the same. I didn't have any problems on 10.3 lbs spring all year. I have never actually had any detonation problems. just the stock detonation sensor would go off the first year on 7lbs and strait pump.
Just something I don't think I have seen any one mention is I always run my spark plug gap at 20 thou. I also change my plugs all the time. almost every ride.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
mine came from turbo performance, I will just take the thing with me when I go thanks, that does sound like the proper size just looking at it

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
thanks guys, looks like I am going to need some longer power jets, I thought I was going to be able to put them in the runners but thats not looking like its going to happen so going to have to order another set.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
what throttle cable do you guys use when you remove your oil injection.

Premium Features