• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching on 07 XRS

R
Jan 29, 2010
I have a 07' Skidoo XRS 151" and I think is is time to re-work the clutching ie new springs weights etc. I've riden twice this year and I am on getting about 7700 rpm at best at the higher elevations. What suggestions do you gus have.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
We have a nice setup for the '07's....but first check your crank runout. RPM drop is a symptom of a crank out of spec and the '07's are notorious for this. I've seen 3 in the last 2 weeks. If that checks out good, then think about clutching.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I have a 07' Skidoo XRS 151" and I think is is time to re-work the clutching ie new springs weights etc. I've riden twice this year and I am on getting about 7700 rpm at best at the higher elevations. What suggestions do you gus have.

Best bet is to remove the stock primary clutch (TRA 7) and replace it with a TRA III primary (03-06 REV). You WILL struggle with that primary for as long as you own it.. you will have to continually rebuild it and it will have issues over and over..
This is coming from somebody who owns 3 07's and ride over 3000 miles a year.. take it for what it is worth... Lose the primary clutch and you sled will run MUCH better..

Kelsey

Premium Features